• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A little bit about a Josh Trade.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I have been looking at all of the hoopla about trading Josh Smith. I have two points to make about it and I'm out.

1. Danny Ferry Moves in Silence Like a Ninja. Who knew about the Joe Johnson or Marvin Williams trade before they went down? Did one "source" say that Ferry was shopping Joe or Marvin? Those trades went down Lickity split and they hit like a thief in the night. My point is this... the most publicized trade is probably the least likely. Around this time of year, we always have fan rumored trades make the press circles. This could be more of the same. In fact, it could be that Josh is going nowhere and Ferry's meet with his people were just to suggest that there will be lots of talk in the next few weeks but believe none of it.

2. IN the NBA, the Denial is usually a sign that something is true. Here are some examples:

"I have no problems with Mike Brown at all," Buss said. "He just
works too hard and he's too knowledgeable for this to be happening."

He was fired the next week.

"

Not game specific, that’s for sure, but according to a highly-placed source, any chance of the Raptors picking up Rudy Gay in a trade are diminishing rapidly and it’s less and less likely something will happen.

The reason?

The asking price is far too high."

We see how that turned out.

"The Nuggets have long been pessimistic about trading Anthony to New York because the Knicks lack draft picks."

Just follow the trail an you can easily see that where there is smoke and a denial, there's a real fire.

There's sure a lot of smoke if there's no fire.

Maybe it's just Hawk fans hoping to see Josh gone now instead of

losing him for nothing after the season.

Most of seem to dream a lot and play that "What if" game when

we think about our Hawk team. Josh leaving may be just that.

Countdown to trading deadline is on. We await it's arrival and wonder,

will we or will we not?

++++