• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ironman Jacque played his butt off !

d2v16DKG

I've always liked Jacque and the way he plays hard all the time but I really didn't know if he could keep it up for 48 minutes. He had to and he did! No one else available could have brought the ball down court for us but Jacque. He beat the press time and again and played his butt off and his heart out. Too bad only 5,600 fans were there to watch! Guys we need to support this team. So far they've played hard every night (win or lose). I love this team!!

I agree. Jacque did what the team needed, and he did it for 48 minutes. I am still concerned that no one else was able to bring the ball up court. There were times when Jackson and Diaw were allowed to bring the ball up, and they turned it over.

Do we need another PG? I wonder how Dickau would have done?

I think Dickau would have been ok but he lacks experience and probably would have turned it over too. It has bothered me for some time that Hawks lack ball-handlers thus leading to so many TOs. After JT and JV, it gets pretty shaky. Glover is adequate at best but can not break a press without losing it. We should have kept Mike Wilks when we had him last year. It was clear to me last night, if something happen to Jacque, it would have been disasterous!

Well if Babcock had not of wasted a 1st on Dickau, Mike Wilks would probably be on the team because we could have cut Dickau since 2ndrounders aren't guaranteed any money. Wilks is in Houston now as the 3rd string pg but sometimes they have him and Moochie Norris in at the same time. Wilks could sure pressure the pg taking the ball up the court, he even played good Defense on AI which most people can't even keep up with the answer.

Wilks is even smaller than DD. True, had had good games for us, but there are a lot of players that can put up stats if they're given a higher amount of minutes. And cut Dickau? Why? The coaches didn't give him any real shots to show his talent last year, and when they did, he performed well! Last year vs. Dallas, he got 32 minutes, and put up 8 points and 10 assists. He had several double digit scoring games in limited time. It horrible to let someone go before you know what they can do for you.

P.S. (Even though I'm sure he had already done it in the game, it looks like JV was making sure he had a solid spot on the team by giving the game ball to Belkin. Just a thought.)

Yeah he had a good game against Dallas, I think that was the game JT went off in for 46pts but Dallas doesn't play defesne that's why Dickau did well. If Dickau had of played in the games against the Hornets he would have folded under pressure.

Well, he obviously didn't play them this year, but in last year's finale, he was in for 15 against the Hornets. He had 8 points on 3 of 4 shooting, 2 rebounds, and 1 assist. Not too bad for a little more than a quarter.

Also, how can you say that he would fold under the pressure? Is this something that you've seen him do? He came through big in the clutch several times at Gonzaga. Also, I remember him coming in against Golden State last year and bringing the Hawks back to nearly win. And I know that you'll say, "well, we didn't win." No, we didn't. The pass didn't get anywhere near Dan. It's kinda hard to make a play when the ball barely gets inbounds.