• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Playoff Seeding

LucastheThird

Had some free time this morning and realized that our Hawks were only a half game behind the Nets for fourth place and three and a half games behind Indiana for third. Does anyone think ESPN would actually give the Hawks credit for not only getting home court, but also possibly getting a better seeding after losing their best player (Joe Johnson). And would that further Josh's reasons for wanting a max contract this offseason?

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html

I don't think anything we do in the regular season will matter. We are only 4 games back of the Knicks for the 2nd seed and that's very attainable, although unlikely, but even then it won't matter unless we roll through the 1st round and find a way to win in the 2nd round.

Very true Dolfan, it just surprised me a bit when I saw how well our team has been doing lately (record wise). I'm glad we got rid of Joe's contract and have cap flexibility but I also thought that this would be somewhat of a down year and its refreshing to see our team sill competing to be a top team.

• Like 1

F&@k ESPN. They're too stupid to cover Atlanta Sports, not realizing we're the only city that had a post-season participant in all 3 major sports in the most recent season, with strong hopes of doing it again. Not Philly, not Chicago, not LA, not even New York, who technically doesn't even have a football team. The A-Town, hoe. Let them continue covering steroids, Tebow, the Laker Soap Opera, and Te'o instead of what really matters. Someone with a brain over there will give us due at some point, most likely Legs. If we beat Boston tomorrow, it'll be the same story: "what's wrong with Boston?", even though they've been on fire since Rondo went down.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Hate to be a Debby Downer, but were also only 1 game out of seventh to Boston... Who we play tomorrow. And 3/12 from 8th. We're making the playoffs, I just don't wanna get swept by LeBron in the first round.

It doesn't take long for threads to turn negative here. I wasn't saying that our Hawks are going to win everything this year. I was only stating my amazement at their current ranking and how close they are to moving up from that ranking.

I'm not intentionally being negative, it's just the truth. But I'm usually a half glass full guy...so lets move up!