• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

As of right now the Hawks are...

Ruckus

6th seed.Tied for 5th.2 games out of 4th.3 games out of 3rd.And 4 games out of 2nd.I think it's safe to say we will not be seeing a first round matchup with Miami. Bucks will be getting that pleasure. The remaining seeds are up for grabs though. Lets reach out and grab em.

Don't jinx us Ruckus! We could very well be in that 8th spot. I think we could make a good series with anybody but the Heat.

That is not a jinx.............I'd love the 15th or 16th picks rather then 20 -24th pick in the draft.

I'm done with 2nd round playoff exits. We have a better shot at drafting a future all star with the best pick possible.

This is the seeding I'd want in order for Hawks:2nd3rd6th7th4th5th

Mine is:

8th

7th

6th

5th

and so on

Give Ferry the best draft pick possible.

That is not a jinx.............I'd love the 15th or 16th picks rather then 20 -24th pick in the draft.

I'm done with 2nd round playoff exits. We have a better shot at drafting a future all star with the best pick possible.

Mine is:

8th

7th

6th

5th

and so on

Give Ferry the best draft pick possible.

I'm actually torn...........I can't pull for the Hawks to lose but at the same time I know we have the best chance at improving this team through the draft.

Then I read this on Carmelo having a knee issue:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226734/Surgeon-Speculates-Carmelo-Anthony-Has-Torn-Meniscus-Or-Arthritic-Knee

The shot at an ECF appearance is possible. Considering this franchise has never done it before it would be quite an achievement.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

We are closer to #2 than we are to #8. After the Heat things are very tight in the East and can change daily. Because of this, I find myself score and standing watching when we win and avoiding the whole issue after we lose.

We currently own the tiebreaker with Indiana (up 2-1 in season series), but NOT with the Knicks (0-1 in the season series). We play both again this season (including the Knicks twice) which should be huge games and the difference between whether we are a 2-3 seed or 6-7 seed.

Playoff Seeding Tiebreakers:

Two-Team Tiebreaker:

[*]Division winner (this criterion is applied regardless of whether the tied teams are in the same division) [*]Better record in head-to-head games [*]Higher winning percentage within division (if teams are in the same division) [*]Higher winning percentage in conference games [*]Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in own conference (including tied teams) [*]Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in opposite conference (including tied teams)

I'm torn. Obviously it's easy to say that I prefer a higher draft pick but I think a deep playoff run might have a positive spin as well. Might be the difference in us resigning guys like Korver and attracting other free agents for less dollars.

• Like 1

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

Do we prefer a win tonight (Or any night) or a loss so that we

get a higher draft pick?

That victory tonight (Nets) or any night this season AND in the

playoffs is worth more than the standings in the draft picking

order. That's my personal thinking. I'll take the wins and worry

about the draft later.

Sure, we might miss a player or players we really wanted in the

draft because of our winning ways right now. But, winning now

just might buy us higher standing in the eyes of any free agent

out there hunting a team next season.