• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Oh How the Mighty Have Fallen...

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

Kentucky bounced out of the NIT... Prolly didn't want to be their anyway, but still... embarrassing... Lesson to all college athletes: Having an S on your chest doesn't mean you're Superman. In other words, just because you play for Kentucky, doesn't mean you're guaranteed wins!

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=330780096

• Moderators

Calipari couldn't have been any more frustrated with this group. His statement that some of these guys may go from 30 minutes per game this season to 5 minutes next season is 100% accurate. I expect Harrow to be gone, Nerlens to enter the draft, and one of Poythress and Cauley-Stein to enter. Nerlens and Cauley-Stein would be the only ones I missed, but these guys are very young so hopefully they have growing up to do on and off the court.

Edited by AHF

Kentucky just got the 3rd ranked prospect in the country to committ on ESPN today.

That gives them six 5 star committments and another 3 star committment for an unheard of 7 player recruiting class........this could be the best and largest recruiting class ever.

Calipari is trying to force some of these freshman out to make room for his 7 commits.......even though some of his current freshman will be 2nd round picks with non-guaranteed deals.

• Moderators

Calipari couldn't have been any more frustrated with this group. His statement that some of these guys may go from 30 minutes per game this season to 5 minutes next season is 100% accurate. I expect Harrow to be gone, Nerlens to enter the draft, and one of Poythress and Cauley-Stein to enter. Nerlens and Cauley-Stein would be the only ones I missed, but these guys are very young so hopefully they have growing up to do on and off the court.

As I said, a lesson to all college athletes: Having an S on your chest doesn't mean you're Superman. I think them young kids thought that being apart of Kentucky makes you an automatic bid. NOPE!

• Moderators

As I said, a lesson to all college athletes: Having an S on your chest doesn't mean you're Superman. I think them young kids thought that being apart of Kentucky makes you an automatic bid. NOPE!

Yep. Nothing is automatic. Hopefully next year's team learns from the struggles this class had. They should have a ton more scoring ability and balance next year regardless how the scholarships shake out.

• Admin

Is it me or does Kentucky have too much talent coming in? They have their 7 stars and 3 of their main guys may stay...there are no role players here. Last year they had great players but Davis and mkg played role player games. They don't have that next year. I think back to the Olympics when inversion, Marbury and crew were on the team. All talent but no one would play the role player role and as a result they lost badly. They have talent on paper but yet to be proven if it will work in a game. Wiggins if he is smart should sign with one of the other three teams he is looking at.

• Moderators

Is it me or does Kentucky have too much talent coming in? They have their 7 stars and 3 of their main guys may stay...there are no role players here. Last year they had great players but Davis and mkg played role player games. They don't have that next year. I think back to the Olympics when inversion, Marbury and crew were on the team. All talent but no one would play the role player role and as a result they lost badly. They have talent on paper but yet to be proven if it will work in a game. Wiggins if he is smart should sign with one of the other three teams he is looking at.

It depends on the mentality of the players.

The 1996 Kentucky team was as talented and deep as any team I can remember with the following guys who played in the NBA who had been recruited and signed to play that season:

Posted ImageDerek Anderson - Cleveland Cavs

Posted ImageTony Delk - Golden State Warriors

Posted ImageWalter McCarty - New York Knicks

Posted ImageRon Mercer - Boston Celtics

Posted ImageMark Pope - Indiana Pacers

Posted ImageAntoine Walker - Boston Celtics

Posted ImageNazr Mohammed - Philadelphia 76ers

Posted ImageJeff Sheppard - Atlanta Hawks

Posted ImageWayne Turner - Boston Celtics

Posted ImageScott Padgett (ineligible for the season)

Managing the roles and egos is a big part of it.

I would content that any team with a guy like Starbury is going to fail because you are putting the ball in the hands of a selfish, flawed player who will ultimately doom you. It isn't a coincidence that every team Marbury ever started for the in NBA was better the season after they got rid of him. I really hope Kentucky doesn't have anyone like that next season.