• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

"Drew calls out Hawks for playing soft".....Did I miss something?

JTB

Is this true?

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/04/22/larry-drew-criticizes-hawks.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

Not trying to make this a huge deal but I would be so glad if Drew did call this team out but I just dont believe it. this article from nba.com says nothing about Drew calling the hawks out or I should say calling them "soft".....instead this seems to be some type of media thing to make those who dont pay much attention to us believe we are a soft team by adding the word "soft" and hawks in the same title.

.....maybe Im looking too much into this and maybe we are soft but goodness we dont need the medias help announcing that especially if Drew didnt really call out this team. I just find it hard to believe Drew is calling out this team but if he is great maybe it will help the hawks win this series wit they soft asses! LOL

He all but called them "soft".

The problem is, he put a "soft" lineup out on the floor. I mean, did he really expect Kyle Korver to even begin to contain Paul George? Did he expect Josh to battle toe to toe with David West? Did he expect Horford to battle Hibbert, the guy who ripped his shoulder apart?

The Hawks are definitely soft. But Drew coaches "soft". And that was no more evident than trying to protect Horford in the 2nd quarter by not picking up a 3rd foul.

I don't like the fact that Drew constantly calls out these guys, but act like some of the moves he makes aren't hurting the team. Paul George played 44 minutes in Game 1. Horford played 28 minutes.

It's funny that Drew called out the team for not having "playoff intensity", when his coaching and sub patterns looked a whole lot like regular season rotations, and not playoff type rotations in which your star players play heavy minutes.

I don't dislike Drew, but he does irritate the hell out of me at times. He act like his (( bleep )) don't stink, even though he's one of the main ones smelling up the room.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I think the reporter was putting words in Larry's mouth, but from the quotes it can be insinuated that he was questioning the team's physicality. There was however an interview with Drew from around the beginning of the year where Drew does use the word "soft". Oh how it is to be, a head coach in this leagueHaving every word picked apart, when questioning the team's heartLarry Drew, oh Larry Drew, do you even have clue?When you run the offense through J-Smoove, the fans and media is questioning you!lol, poet and didn't know it!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1