• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official being ok with signing Tiago Splitter instead of Dwight Thread

taz

• Moderators

I really don't understand the want for Splitter. He is a backup at best and was decent under Pop. He is just another soft Euro space filler. No to Splitter. I mean seriously, you wonder why Atlanta is mediocre? It's because we have been settling on guys like Splitter...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Hells NO.

We wouldn't be mentioning Splitter if we didn't have a GM and a Coach from San Antonio's System. Well let me say, that system is Nothing without Duncan. NOTHING. In other words, we need to focus on getting talent too. Splitter is not talent. I think Zaza is better. Splitter is just a guy who can come in and play beside the best PF in history. It's like somebody saying let's go out and get Scott Williams from the Bulls.. that guy is great. Or Stacy King.

At this point in the game, the Hawks have to make good decisions. Not decision based on the me too philosophy!!

I really don't understand the want for Splitter. He is a backup at best and was decent under Pop. He is just another soft Euro space filler. No to Splitter. I mean seriously, you wonder why Atlanta is mediocre? It's because we have been settling on guys like Splitter...

To be fair to myself I keep go back and forth between this thread being a parody of the being ok with the worst case scenario and relly legit liking tiago spliter next to big al

I will pass on Splitter. I would much rather go after 4-5 other centers instead. I agree he is a fit to the gm and coach's history but with him being a UFA means he is going to get overpaid coming off a run to the finals. I am not with the whole "gortat" approach.

And with the whole tanking.... You wonder how coaches get ruined? Coming to a team that's tanking. Of course they never making it through 4 years. With everyone talking about great the draft is Grab some core big men from this years crop develop that, and go for skill players in next years draft be it pick 1-3 or not.

I'd take the Bynum risk over Splitter, at least Bynum has the potential to be a top 5 center in the league (if not already when healthy) and he's only 25. I can deal with that if we aren't getting Dwight or Jefferson.

I've noticed a few people on this board mention Bynum. Why is that? Why take on damaged goods? His knees are done. He is just a name now. For all that you might as well be mentioning Oden. No thanks.

I would sign Bynum to a one year deal. I think Bynum will do it. The reason his value is low now with no chance of a max deal. A one year deal would allow him to prove that he is healthy and one of the elite centers in the league. This would allow him to go after a max deal next year if he is healthy and plays to an all star level. If he is a bust so what he is gone after one year.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I would sign Bynum to a one year deal. I think Bynum will do it. The reason his value is low now with no chance of a max deal. A one year deal would allow him to prove that he is healthy and one of the elite centers in the league. This would allow him to go after a max deal next year if he is healthy and plays to an all star level. If he is a bust so what he is gone after one year.

Agree. You make the deal so team-friendly that there is no risk involved - something like 2 yr/ $20 mil with deep anti-injury literature. If we miss out on Dwight and CP3, we aren't going to be winning titles in 2014 anyway. Plus, the dude actually likes Atlanta and would play here. When healthy, I believe Bynum is a better fit next to Horford than Howard. The kicker is that Bynum is never healthy, but who knows what this year off from basketball has done for him.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

I'd take the Bynum risk over Splitter, at least Bynum has the potential to be a top 5 center in the league (if not already when healthy) and he's only 25. I can deal with that if we aren't getting Dwight or Jefferson

Isn't his Knee injury degenerative? Never going to get better if he continues to play? Or am I thinking of the wrong Andrew Bynum? Ask Philly if they would bring him back for 1 year? Spend your money elsewhere.

• Like 1

Isn't his Knee injury degenerative? Never going to get better if he continues to play? Or am I thinking of the wrong Andrew Bynum? Ask Philly if they would bring him back for 1 year? Spend your money elsewhere.

Chinky I've noticed that you've been posting and was wondering if you were planning on making your pick in the Hawksquawk draft tonight or if you've planning to wait until Tuesday?

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/381787-2013-summer-dynasty-draft/

• Moderators

Chinky I've noticed that you've been posting and was wondering if you were planning on making your pick in the Hawksquawk draft tonight or if you've planning to wait until Tuesday?

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/381787-2013-summer-dynasty-draft/

Geez, a little pushy there... chinky will select when he is good and ready, mmkay?

Geez, a little pushy there... chinky will select when he is good and ready, mmkay?

Hey I'm ready to get this thing started!

Seriously though I know a lot of people don't actually read their PM's so he may not know that he can start tonight or even when the draft starts.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Hey I'm ready to get this thing started!

Seriously though I know a lot of people don't actually read their PM's so he may not know that he can start tonight or even when the draft starts.

I understand. I've been waiting since the last one ended to do this again, but now I've gotta wait til pick 18... The Hawks will pick #17 & #18 on Thursday before I select... Doesn't start til Tuesday though and I'm sure jy23 hopes that chinky forgets so that he can get LeBron. lol

• Like 2

I understand. I've been waiting since the last one ended to do this again, but now I've gotta wait til pick 18... The Hawks will pick #17 & #18 on Thursday before I select... Doesn't start til Tuesday though and I'm sure jy23 hopes that chinky forgets so that he can get LeBron. lol

Poor jy23 ending up with Durant! And true you won't be picking for a while but you're going to end up with 2 good players.