• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I say the chances on Chris Paul is very high.

Brotha2ThaNite

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-brooklyn-patience-couuld-net-red-hot-hollins-article-1.1341359

Chris Paul’s preference is to stay with the Clippers but he wants them to hire an African-American coach, according to multiple league sources. The Clips’ best bet for keeping Paul with a long-term deal might be to hire Nate McMillan, who can have the Pistons job and any number of bad-to-so-so jobs that are out there, as the replacement for Vinny Del Negro, whose current contract is expiring and is not getting a new deal.

That's not racist.

I would be curious to see the backlash if a white player said he wants a team to hire a white coach.

Why does the color of someone's skin make a difference? The best coach should get the job and it shouldn't matter what they look like. Shouldn't matter if it's an 18 year old Asian girl that's a Scientologist if she's a basketball savant.

And just at a curiosity, how does that work legally now that it has been stated publicly? If you know the Clippers are hiring a coach based purely because of their race, isn't that illegal? That sounds illegal lol. You can't discriminate when hiring and I think it's safe to say it's discrimination when you eliminate entire groups of candidates because of their pigment.

That's not racist.

I would be curious to see the backlash if a white player said he wants a team to hire a white coach.

Why does the color of someone's skin make a difference? The best coach should get the job and it shouldn't matter what they look like. Shouldn't matter if it's an 18 year old Asian girl that's a Scientologist if she's a basketball savant.

And just at a curiosity, how does that work legally now that it has been stated publicly? If you know the Clippers are hiring a coach based purely because of their race, isn't that illegal? That sounds illegal lol. You can't discriminate when hiring and I think it's safe to say it's discrimination when you eliminate entire groups of candidates because of their pigment.

I think the major reason you are not seeing enough backlash is that it just seems too absurd to be true. It's one thing for a player to perhaps feel that on the inside but to make it publicly known? There's been about a dozen discrimination cases brought up against Sterling and he has the perception of being a racist yet even he has never come out and said "I want a white superstar" or publicly denigrated minorities besides holding Elgin Baylor in captivity for 20 years.

Hope this doesn't mean CP3 ends up in Charlotte...

You know what I just remembered.........Chris Paul was traded to the Lakers......and didn't complain about being far from home. In fact, the only time he complained was when the trade was rescinded. So much so that he even threatened to sue the NBA over it. I think "I hate being far from home" was just code for "I can't believe I was traded to the Clippers".

You know what I just remembered.........Chris Paul was traded to the Lakers......and didn't complain about being far from home. In fact, the only time he complained was when the trade was rescinded. So much so that he even threatened to sue the NBA over it. I think "I hate being far from home" was just code for "I can't believe I was traded to the Clippers".

Good call. Are they any young superstars in the NBA that aren't divas?

If it is true, I don't want him on our team. He ought to want whomever is the best coach, regardless of skin color.

From the fact that this isn't creating a lot of buzz...I doubt its true.