• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Saw an article on Charities - wow - even Veteran's

DJlaysitup

Now I think we all know that there are some BAD charities out there - meaning that they take in huge amounts of money - claim to be a non/profit and then feather their own nest and give little to the folks they are raising money for.

Personally, I don't know how these people go to sleep at might. They filter all the money around and pay their friends and relatives nice salaries for "management" and maybe 5-10% of the money you give to them for set purpose actually goes to that purpose.

I read an article today (sorry I can't link it) that said of the 50 WORST charities - basically just SHAMs...6 of them are in support of our returning veterans. Three of those have a "contribution-to-cause" rate of 2% or less...the other three are less than 5%.

Let's think about this. Here is how it works. They set up a non-profit and either set up a separate company as a "phone boiler room" or they hire that out...they advertise on TV. The TV ads are targeted at making people feel like they have to give to support the Vets. The actual "non-profit" may indeed be a non-profit...but there are no rules on how much salary the Director(s) and Managers can make. Obviously they need phone bank worker bees and they hire a bunch of them and give them a script.

Many of the folks who set up these "scams" are taking in six figure salaries or more.

...and this cr@p is tax-free. Burns my _ss. Decent people getting suckered thinking they are really doing good while the originators of the "charity" are out on their sailboats cruising to the Bahamas.

..again - how these grifters sleep at night is beyond me - they are monetary sociopaths. Posted Image