• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Discussion on Tanking

NBASupes

I think we are saying the same thing but different terms.

No you said he (Drummond) should have been a starter and a lock as an All-Star. Those are extremely high and unrealistic expectations for an 18 year old rookie. Then you put him on a team where by far their best player plays the same position and somehow you expect him to start and be a lock as an All-Star? That makes no sense.

No you said he (Drummond) should have been a starter and a lock as an All-Star. Those are extremely high and unrealistic expectations for an 18 year old rookie. Then you put him on a team where by far their best player plays the same position and somehow you expect him to start and be a lock as an All-Star? That makes no sense.

When I think of tremendously skilled players I think of Duncan, Shaq, Kareem. When I think of Drummond, I think of massive talent but is extremely raw and is not skilled at all. I think we are saying the same thing but your term of skill is my term of talent.

When I think of tremendously skilled players I think of Duncan, Shaq, Kareem. When I think of Drummond, I think of massive talent but is extremely raw and is not skilled at all. I think we are saying the same thing but your term of skill is my term of talent.

Of course he is raw, he is only 19 years old right now. He's younger than most guys entering the draft this year and next year.

How does "massive talent" = "not skilled at all". Again that makes zero sense.

Of course he is raw, he is only 19 years old right now. He's younger than most guys entering the draft this year and next year.

How does "massive talent" = "not skilled at all". Again that makes zero sense.

Skill in my POV is the ability to do something with consistency. MJ had a great skill on the jumpshot.

Talent is the ability to do something. Drummond has massive talent. He can do a lot on a court and athletically, he's amazing.

My interpretation of talent and skill. Like Cam Newton is one of the most talented QB's in the NFL. Matt Ryan is very skilled but he's not overly talented.

Or my girlfriend is learning Photoshop and as an artist, she has a lot of talent but lacks the skill at the moment. Dolfan is extremely skilled at Photoshop.

When companies look to hire young people, they want talent. When they hire guys like you, they want skill.

Josh Smith is an extremely talented player who lacks the skills to match.

Edited by Leadership

This might help: skill

/skil/
Noun

[*]The ability to do something well; expertise.

[*]A particular ability.

Synonyms
ability - knack - proficiency - art - craft - dexterity

tal·ent
/ˈtalənt/
Noun

[*]Natural aptitude or skill.

[*]A person or people possessing such aptitude or skill: "the talent in their Toledo clubhouse".

Synonyms
gift - aptitude - ability - faculty - genius - capability
Edited by JayBirdHawk

Leadership you are confusing talent and potential. The show Americas Got Talent would be awfully bad if it were only people who could potentially do something vs already being skilled at it. See skill = talent.

But Drummond wouldn't qualify under skill either.

What does he do particular well? He has the ability to do a lot but what does he do well?

But Drummond wouldn't qualify under skill either.

What does he do particular well? He has the ability to do a lot but what does he do well?

Oh I don't know, just average 8 and 8 with 1.5 blocks on 61% shooting in only 20 minutes per game, as an 18 year old rookie. On a PER36 basis that breaks down to 14 and 14 with 3 blocks, which is pretty damned spectacular. That's Dwight Howard territory right there.

Oh I don't know, just average 8 and 8 with 1.5 blocks on 61% shooting in only 20 minutes per game, as an 18 year old rookie. On a PER36 basis that breaks down to 14 and 14 with 3 blocks, which is pretty damned spectacular. That's Dwight Howard territory right there.

Dwight played the minutes as a rookie. To say someone is Dwight Howard territory is wrong because Dwight did it playing those minutes and Dwight had skills especially defensively. I am not understanding your point.

Dwight played the minutes as a rookie. To say someone is Dwight Howard territory is wrong because Dwight did it playing those minutes and Dwight had skills especially defensively. I am not understanding your point.

Gee did Dwight Howard have a borderline All-Star C and best player on the team veteran in front of him as an 18 year old rookie? No! Of course he was starting because they had nobody else. I'm not surprised that you aren't understanding my point.

Skill = Practiced abilityTalent = Natural ability.

I don't know, I think you can acquire talent by doing something over and over and doing it well. Damn now I got LL in my head. I think 'gifted' would be a better term for natural ability but that's just me.

Gee did Dwight Howard have a borderline All-Star C and best player on the team veteran in front of him as an 18 year old rookie? No! Of course he was starting because they had nobody else. I'm not surprised that you aren't understanding my point.

My question was what skills does Drummond have? You didn't show me any of his skills. You just showed me stats PER36. I can do that with John Salley, does that make him special?

I know Andre is talented.

I think you both need to look up the meanings of the words with detailed description and how they are used....lol.Can I have it in a sentence? Lol

My question was what skills does Drummond have? You didn't show me any of his skills. You just showed me stats PER36. I can do that with John Salley, does that make him special? I know Andre is talented.

Scoring, rebounding, shot blocking, high efficiency. Not sure how I can make that any more clear.