• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Potential Trade Targets (only expirings)

Dragitoff

Same here. I haven't seen him play in a while, but I got a good impression before. Ferry will get us a few lunch pail guys and maybe make a minor splash. Mark Bradley seems to think Al Jefferson is da troof.

I think it was Dolf that said it, if you could morph Al Jefferson (for offense) and Sam Dalembert (for defense) into one player, that's who the Hawks should go after!

• Like 1

• Moderators

So you are going to continue to ignore the data.

If you tank, you have an 8% chance of winning 50+ games in the next ten years.

If you win 45-49 games, you have a 17% chance of winning 55+ games within the next ten years.

Hmmm. Which strategy would I take? Oh, I'm obviously going to use the strategy that gives the me least percentage chance of succeeding long term --> tanking.

Can you link this data? I remember seeing a similar study posted by hawksfanatic but that only went out 4 years.

More importantly, does it address which teams went to the NBA finals or at least the conference finals?

Roughly 70% of NBA champions over the last 25 years have won the championship with an NBA Finals MVP that they drafted in the lottery. That seems to suggest that not many champions have won without going high into the lottery with finals MVPs like Dwyane Wade, Tim Duncan, Isiah Thomas, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, etc. Shaq and Lebron account for almost all non-drafted Finals MVPs.

Edited by AHF