• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Home defense weapons - the ignorance of some people

DJlaysitup

I don't know how many times I have talked to a friend(ish) person and heard something like "well I got a 9mm/.38 caliber and if they come in here I'll shoot their asses".

Well guess what dumbass - if "they" come in and are armed with the same gun you are protecting your home from against tham - you are 50-50 at best to stay alive. They know how to shoot too.

The best home defence weapon for a person who doesn't shoot that much is a quality 12 Guage semi automatic shotgun. Semi auto means it is self loading and you don't have to "pump it" to shoot the next round - you just pull the trigger until you run out of shells (bullets).

Shotguns are fierce weapons at close range and will either kill or scare off anybody facing them. 9mm pop-guns - not so much.

Personally I have an AK-47. It's not quite as good as a 12 guage - but it is semi auto and will kill you if you get in front of it - plus it makes a lot of noise.

The way I look at it - some criminal who may be coming to my house can't be walking around with a "long gun"...they have to hide their stuff. In my own home I don't have to. So if there ever is a gunfight in my place I will at least have them "outgunned"...they might get in a lucky shot but I will be putting 15 7.62mmx39s in their direction. Posted Image

Edited by DJlaysitup