• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

(More) Proof that Danny is right for this franchise

ATL_BALLER

With all the begging and arrogance and pomp and circumstance, Danny is all confidence and calm, staying the course to build a winning and sustainable 'program', as he always call it. Refreshing, if you ask me.

p.s. It's quite possible I'm just jealous and trying to make myself feel better.

With all the begging and arrogance and pomp and circumstance, Danny is all confidence and calm, staying the course to build a winning and sustainable 'program', as he always call it. Refreshing, if you ask me.

p.s. It's quite possible I'm just jealous and trying to make myself feel better.

I don't see the tweet?

Sorry - here it is:

@ajchawks

Danny Ferry: We are focused on what we can control and that is building a strong organization, a high-caliber group of coaches and players.

• Like 1

Sorry - here it is:

I just love Ferry. There hasn't been one GM in Atlanta that I've seen that thought like I do. Now with that said, Ferry has a million more resources and staff to make a more sound decision than I do but he actually understands the personnel, how to build a team, and understand what would make the best roster possible. No one else in Atlanta seem to grasp that concept in Atlanta. This feels like an Utah Jazz run organization now.

• Premium Member

Will be interesting to see how long this sentiment holds out... so difficult for a GM to pull one miracle, let alone a series of them. He got his first when he was able to unload Joe's contract. His first two drafts have been, by most accounts, good and hold some potential for being outstanding, but certainly no clear miracles have yet been pulled off. Not looking good for any free agency miracles at this point, and that probably means we're going to be back in the lottery soon if not immediately... which means, we'll be having regular conversations again about how long the losing will continue before we can get back to the playoffs. While everyone looks at SA as a model franchise, the truth is, they would look a whole lot like Utah or any other franchise had they not had the good fortune for David Robinson to be injured one year, allowing them to pick up a future HoFer and the cornerstone of their franchise for the last decade, Mr. Duncan. Finding that kind of player is to the NBA what finding a franchise QB is in the NFL... in the immortal words of Ringo Starr, it don't come easy.

Edited by sturt