• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OK, Ok, ok - know I'll get blasted but...

DJlaysitup

Has anybody seen the "running around the perimeter - then hop-step explosion to the hoop that Schreoder does?

It's ametuer. I have seen that in my son's rugby games. That F'n S#!^ ain't gonna work in the NBA. Absolutely no way. He will be cut off and pushed out and THEN what will he do?

He may be the fastest guy in Germany - but he better be ready for a whole new game over here..cause once he gets by with it a few times he will get a hip from a solid guard - and a block from a 6'11" guy who can jump who will knock his ass on the floor.

He already knows how physical the NBA is. He is not even 20 years old and at 170 I think he'll put in the work and gain 15-20 pounds. Plenty of room to grow. I think in 3 to 5 years we will look back and say hey, finally we got it right at PG. Dennis is the real deal, just give him time to adapt and develop.

• Premium Member

Here's the point that not many Hawks fans are ready to accept:

Schröder is not starter quality right not and it remains to be seen if he will ever be starter quality. He's a stash cash guy who could be brought over to be a BU to our BU for a few years. A lot of Hawks fans took the draft as if we were actually getting first rounders that we wanted to sign and start. Our draft stated, we want to make a BIG SPLASH in FAcy and we're clearing the decks to do so. We are gambling... We have all our money on red.... so let's just wait and see what happens, but Let's not put our hopes into guys who are 2 to 3 years to make.

Here's the point that not many Hawks fans are ready to accept:

Schröder is not starter quality right not and it remains to be seen if he will ever be starter quality. He's a stash cash guy who could be brought over to be a BU to our BU for a few years. A lot of Hawks fans took the draft as if we were actually getting first rounders that we wanted to sign and start. Our draft stated, we want to make a BIG SPLASH in FAcy and we're clearing the decks to do so. We are gambling... We have all our money on red.... so let's just wait and see what happens, but Let's not put our hopes into guys who are 2 to 3 years to make.

:ahf2:

• Premium Member

Posted Image

Aw.... Did the truth bust your bubble?? Did you really think this 170 pound European PG was Rondo?? Aw.... Poor Hawks fans who don't recognize the truth when you see it.

Just for some more truth:

Height: 6-foot-2

Weight: 168 pounds

Birth date: Sept. 15, 1993

Hometown: Braunschweig, Germany

European team: New Yorker Phantoms (Braunschweig)

2012-13 stats: 25.1 mpg; 12.0 ppg; 3.2 apg; 2.5 rpg; .422 FG percentage; .832 FT percentage

Strengths: Outstanding speed and quickness. Handles ball well in traffic. Superb on-ball defender. Excellent first step and changes speed well. Has a good hesitation dribble and is effective in the open court. Solid passer with good vision. Has a 6-foot-7 wingspan.

Weaknesses: Often gets out of control and turnover-prone. Midrange shooting needs improvement. Improved his 3-point shooting overseas, but that's not at NBA depth. Has trouble finishing at the basket. Needs to add physical strength and become more efficient.

How he could help the Thunder: Who wouldn't want a terrific on-ball defender? Sam Presti found a 19-year-old Tony Parker in France 11 years ago, and Schröder has the same build and makeup. Still only 19, Schröder offers some very intriguing possibilities.

Projections: No. 12 (hoopshype.com); No. 14 (si.com; espn.com); No. 15 (draftexpress.com); No. 16 (nbadraft.net); No. 29 (cbssports.com)

Quotable: “The only comparison in line with (Rajon) Rondo is body build — long arms, big hands. Rondo was not an offensive player except for getting to the basket. He couldn't shoot the ball. I think Dennis is a better shooter at the same stage. Rondo is so much better defensively than Dennis.” – Utah Jazz vice president of player personnel Walt Perrin

Edited by Diesel

I'll admit, the guy is a bit of a project and needs work to get up to the NBA level, but very few rookies aren't like this. They are all projects in their own way. What counts is he has talent and potential.

• Premium Member

I'll admit, the guy is a bit of a project and needs work to get up to the NBA level, but very few rookies aren't like this. They are all projects in their own way. What counts is he has talent and potential.

Let me let you in on something. There have been talented guys who played in college and came in NBA ready that didn't make teams.

Posted Image

Sconnie Penn.

Acie Law IV

Pape Sy

Scott Machado

Jerome Randle

Now if these guys can't make it... and they have everything, what do you think?

• Moderators

I am excited about Schröder. I think he has the tools to be a plus staring PG down the line. Granted, I think that is a few years down the line before he comes into his own and that he has more growing and transitioning to do into the NBA but he could be a valuable rotation player right off the bat. Teague took a few years and I am at least as excited about him as I was about Teague (full disclosure: significantly more excited but part of that is the bitterness I felt at just missing out on Lawson who I felt was significantly better).