• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Korver RE-SIGNS with HAWKS 4 yr $24 million

plskeepbibby

I don't care if Dwight signs for a Buffalo nickel, we damn well better not offer Josh more than $12 million if we're bringing him back.

That is fine. I seriously doubt under any circumstance does Josh sign for less than $12 million/year. I'll put it another way though. What is the amount we have available to offer Josh if assuming $7MM for Teague and Max for Dwight?

I'm going with the assumption that Dwight would want Josh in addition to Horford since he implied another star would be desired to play alongside Harden in Houston.

Why the hell did we waste 6 million a year on a one trick pony? WOW. Just WOW.

Waste???? Wow... I understand not liking the signing but you and perhaps Swift should bring more to the argument than waste or Brandon Rush would have been better... Come with a clear realistic angle and explanation on why its a waste and how the money should have been spent.
  • Like 3

Who on the Nets is expering that they can trade at all star break and we can dump this contract on them ?

Clearly you're not a Hawks fan so why not go to the Nets forums or Warriors forums and cheer for their great players.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Did he keep the streak going?

I remember watching our terrible last game against Indy thinking he had it broken in our last playoff game, anyone got clarification of that?

His streak is regular season only. Playoff games do not count towards the record.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

That is fine. I seriously doubt under any circumstance does Josh sign for less than $12 million/year. I'll put it another way though. What is the amount we have available to offer Josh if assuming $7MM for Teague and Max for Dwight?

I'm going with the assumption that Dwight would want Josh in addition to Horford since he implied another star would be desired to play alongside Harden in Houston.

Dwight probably does want Josh but we can't give Dwight 18 and give Josh 14-16. I think we have about 28 million more or so to spend until we are up to the salary cap.

I was hoping for Rush too, he's not one dimensional. I can't get over guys that can literally do just one thing. When has anyone ever listened to Dwight speak words.

He doesn't want to play in a high tempo offense but by all accounts will go to Houston.

Guest Walter

Not in any way true. The market has been set by Webster and Redick.

If the market is that high for a guy who will be THIRTY SIX YEARS OLD during the contract then perhaps you shouldn't be finding your shooter "in the market".We could get our shooter in the draft or through trade. We spent WAY too much for Korver at 32 yoa. KORVER is OLDER than Joe Johnson!!! He had a 14 PER in by far his best season ever. 14. That's it. He's old and average, yet we payed over the MLE. Waste.Hey, I like Korver, but if there isn't a Dwight Howard, he's a contract burden. W
  • Like 1

I think an important point to make is that Korver is the exact type of player that we want to build our culture around. High BBIQ, great work ethic, team-first guy who knows his role and limitations.

He is a Spurs type of guy and that can't be overlooked here as we build this team.

• Like 4

If the market is that high for a guy who will be THIRTY SIX YEARS OLD during the contract then perhaps you shouldn't be finding your shooter "in the market".We could get our shooter in the draft or through trade. We spent WAY too much for Korver at 32 yoa. KORVER is OLDER than Joe Johnson!!! He had a 14 PER in by far his best season ever. 14. That's it. He's old and average, yet we payed over the MLE. Waste.Hey, I like Korver, but if there isn't a Dwight Howard, he's a contract burden.W

You can ALWAYS trade a shooter like Korver and giving him barely more than the MLE is no big deal. You guys are seriously overreacting. The Nets and Bucks BOTH wanted to give him that much money and then some.

Dwight probably does want Josh but we can't give Dwight 18 and give Josh 14-16. I think we have about 28 million more or so to spend until we are up to the salary cap.

Thanks. I was basically looking to see if this move (from a salary cap basis) insinuates Dwight is not coming here. It probably does not, but precluding us from adding a 3rd all-star in addition to our core and Dwight may hurt us. To date it was our largest selling point.

We hopefully will know something by Friday.

Thanks. I was basically looking to see if this move (from a salary cap basis) insinuates Dwight is not coming here. It probably does not, but precluding us from adding a 3rd all-star in addition to our core and Dwight may hurt us. To date it was our largest selling point.

We hopefully will know something by Friday.

There was really nobody else out there worth that. We could have gotten Dwight and CP3 but it would have taken all of our cap money. If Dwight really wants to play with Josh and another star player and he doesn't feel that Al is that guy then we could flip Al for any number of star players around the league as soon as we want to.

Excited as well. He's a quite leader in the locker room and on the court. Korver wants to win and has experience playing for winnings teams. Surprised he opted back. This may be a sign that Ferry is going after role players to build his team. The spurs have been very successful developing their roster around role players.