• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: 'Dre Day signing in the Bay

JTB

I wonder, if we miss out on Howard, who is the free agents we will sign to "win now" like the anti-re-builders want? Monta Ellis? A gamble on Bynum? Josh Smith? Alot of poster's line-ups to "win now" had Iggy on them, so curious.

Well, I don't think that's fair. It is clear that our chances have INCREASED because one popular team is out of the running. By how much? Who knows.

I'm not 100% convinced that the Warriors are out, despite what Woj says. Hard to imagine Thompson, Iguodola or Barnes coming off the bench.

Well, I don't think that's fair. It is clear that our chances have INCREASED because one popular team is out of the running. By how much? Who knows.

I agree. One team out and now its down to us, LA, Mavs, Houston. Which is where it was last week before GSW got involved

The only thing that concerns me about GSW is can they Move Bogut, Klay or Harrison, A 1st, with more contracts to get D12?

I'm not 100% convinced that the Warriors are out, despite what Woj says. Hard to imagine Thompson, Iguodola or Barnes coming off the bench.

Do the Lakers take Barnes or Thompson, a 1st round pick, and Bogut?

GS is trying to LAND Howard by signing Iggy, thus making one of Klay/Barnes expendable via SNT. Sounds like they just went all in to me.

LA still very much in play.

HOU still looks like a slight lead overall.

Sorry, but the dream that lost its wings with the Doc trade doesn't even have legs now.

Do the Lakers take Barnes or Thompson, a 1st round pick, and Bogut?

If they were smart yes. Otherwise they can not trade him in state and to a division (I believe?) rival and let him walk to Houston or Atlanta or Dallas for nothing.

I wonder, if we miss out on Howard, who is the free agents we will sign to "win now" like the anti-re-builders want? Monta Ellis? A gamble on Bynum? Josh Smith? Alot of poster's line-ups to "win now" had Iggy on them, so curious.

If all this is true and we lose out on D12, I would offer max money to Pek and hope TWolves blink at having to pay both Love and Pek max money. They have reportedly agreed to terms with Martin. I still think they are pretty bad but now they may be a bad team with a lot of payroll if they are not careful.

I would also look at Oden on the cheap. Bynum, Bynum Bynum. If we won't work out and give us a solid physical, I say no way.

If they were smart yes. Otherwise they can not trade him in state and to a division (I believe?) rival and let him walk to Houston or Atlanta or Dallas for nothing.

Yeah the Lakers need to come to grips with the fact that if they can't have Dwight they need to try and get something for him in return. I think the Lakers are too big headed to realize that they need help to their roster and in the process helping Golden State is something they can't do.

If all this is true and we lose out on D12, I would offer max money to Pek and hope TWolves blink at having to pay both Love and Pek max money. They have reportedly agreed to terms with Martin. I still think they are pretty bad but now they may be a bad team with a lot of payroll if they are not careful.

I would also look at Oden on the cheap. Bynum, Bynum Bynum. If we won't work out and give us a solid physical, I say no way.

Would that still be a "win now" team like others have put it (to me, "win now" means title contender)? If not, don't waste the money and years on players that won't take you there.

Edited by RWF

I think LA takes the SnT w/GS. Bogut is prolly a better fit for D'Antoni's offense than D12. Do they take Klay or Barnes. Klay's dad played with LA didnt he, so do they get him or do they go Barnes since Kobe is the SG.