• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FAs we need to get...

Diesel

I havent been around the computer as much as needed. Can someone update me on the status of these guys? Rumors/Signings

Jarret Jack - Possible

Jose Calderon- Signed with Mavs

Brewer - Possible

Bynum - Possible

Iggy - Signed with Warriors

Monta - Possible

Status report:

Jarret Jack - one of drz's favorite players, renounced by GSW in Iggy pickup

Calderon - love him as well, Win Shares hero, signed by Dallas for 4/29

Brewer - nothing to report

Bynum - missed all of last season with an injury

Iggy - see Jack

Monta - sucks

Edited by drzachary

Some just don't want to hear it, but Ferry started this with trading away Joe and Marvin and will continue his build of a NEW Atlanta Hawks. People just want instant results. Well I am glad he is building the team to his vision and hopefully through the draft instead of going into panic mode to sign Monta Ellis and Josh Smith.

Or building a team through drafts like Spurs.

The Spurs did build through the draft, but they didn't tank to build through the draft. However, most on this board feel the only way to build through the draft is to tank. The Spurs didn't do that.

Still plenty of roster spots to fill out, no?

He can fill it up with vet mins, or younger players. No need to panic for a Monta Ellis just to stay in the last couple spots of the playoff standings.

The Spurs did build through the draft, but they didn't tank to build through the draft. However, most on this board feel the only way to build through the draft is to tank. The Spurs didn't do that.

How did they get the 1st pick for Duncan, playing an injured star?

Edited by RWF

He can fill it up with vet mins, or younger players. No need to panic for a Monta Ellis just to stay in the last couple spots of the playoff standings.

People need to lay off the SA stuff though... Without Tim Duncan the SA Spurs ain't crap. And Tim Duncan isn't walking through that door.

It started with Robinson they were horrible and ended up with him. The year they got Duncan, Robinson was injured the entire year so they got Duncan. Tell me how they got all of the other players in the draft? Besides Duncan who else on their roster was a lottery pick?

Why didn't they trade for an All-Star player when D-Rob got hurt? SPURS MUST BE COMPETITIVE; NEVER TANK.

• Like 1

People need to lay off the SA stuff though... Without Tim Duncan the SA Spurs ain't crap. And Tim Duncan isn't walking through that door.

Spurs drafted Tim Duncan. Hawks can draft Jabari Parker or Wiggins and become our franchise player. So you would rather panic and sign Josh Smith or Monta Ellis for a 6th seed or worse this season? Some of you will be very upset.

• Like 1

It started with Robinson they were horrible and ended up with him. The year they got Duncan, Robinson was injured the entire year so they got Duncan. Tell me how they got all of the other players in the draft? Besides Duncan who else on their roster was a lottery pick?

Dude it starts with the franchise pick. Give it time. You all act like Ferry should draft an entire team in one draft. "Besides Duncan who else...." Let us get our Duncan first. Wiggins and Parker are held as the next superstars coming out of high school since Lebron James.

Edited by RWF

Spurs drafted Tim Duncan. Hawks can draft Jabari Parker or Wiggins and become our franchise player. So you would rather panic and sign Josh Smith or Monta Ellis for a 6th seed or worse this season? Some of you will be very upset.

Dude, I'm for tanking... I was just pointing out first that Ferry will have no choice but to sign terrible players.

As for the Spurs... People need to quit trying to pretend that we will be the next Spurs or whatever. We are not.

• Like 1

You are correct no need to panic, but in today's NBA, Parker or Wiggins are more likely to pull a Lebron and bolt than lead ATL to a championship. You can't think getting a top three pick is the fix, it may be, but more likely it isn't.

Josh is gone IMO.

Monta guarantees an 8th-9th seed which is the worse position to be in.

• Like 1

So everyone in the top 6 picks of this draft from what I hear for all the pro tankers is going to be a hall of famer like Duncan? You guys should run an NBA team if you know all these guys are can't miss. There are other ways to build franchise then just tanking. Just because we get a top 6 pick doesn't mean we are going to get FA's to come here. There is more ways to skin a cat. People think there is only one way. There isn't tanking in some cities they reload. You can get to be a good team through trades and free agency. As long as you get the right assets that fit your team needs going forward. We tried tanking before where did that get us to where we are now. No thanks keep cap space and tradeable assets. But to continuing to lose to find the golden ticket, good luck. I have seen that before and its been the Hawks team I've seen the last few years.

• Like 1