• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Myths...and the ultimate truth.

Wretch

I'm giving you a like only because you made me chuckle. Posted Image Not just because of that though, that's a convincing "human" argument. It won't convince me until I see something real, but hey...like I said. One of us will eat crow on Danny Ferry. Be warned...I am a good cook! lol

I'm not giving them the benefit of a doubt. They have had LOTS of chances...

- Gearon was always a meddling owner

- They signed off on that massive JJ contract

- Belkin? Joe Johnson-gate? Hello?

- Failed to sell the team?

- Authors of the worst playoff sweep in NBA history and then..."we like our core."

- Cheapest coach EVER hired?

- ENEMY COLORS IN OUR HOUSE FOR SALE!?!?!?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Am I missing something here? DUDE...you are asking me to swallow A LOT. Especially now they have hired the GM who built LeBron's Cavaliers. If they didn't own the team, they should have been fired.

I agree the ASG have done a lot to make you not want to like them and I'm further away from it than most living in Houston and not caring about hockey, but for me I'm loving the way they've behaved the last 15 months and encouraged that maybe we've seen them finally turn a corner. Heck even Donald Sterling has turned things around with the Clippers and he's the worst of the worst in the NBA.

We will see how this plays out. Wretch and I (among others) have made it abundantly clear that we think this is the road to mediocrity. Hawksfanatic, Buzzard, Dolfan, Dr. Z and others have made it clear that this approach is the best road to greatness.We'll see how it plays out and do our best Diesel necromancy to revisit this periodically.

This may or may not be the best road to greatness, but it's better than tanking, especially when you have trouble attracting free agents in the 1st place.

I'm far too conservative to be into necromancing LOL

• Moderators

This may or may not be the best road to greatness, but it's better than tanking, especially when you have trouble attracting free agents in the 1st place. I'm far too conservative to be into necromancing LOL

We'll see how the Bostons and Sixers who were similar teams the last few years do as well.

We'll see how the Bostons and Sixers who were similar teams the last few years do as well.

The Sixers I will give you, but not Boston since they'll have no trouble attracting top tier free agents. Now, if they do it through the draft and trades then that's one thing, but if they pick up 'A' list free agents as part of their rebuilding then they no longer count.

• Premium Member

I hate to beat a drum, but the Clippers turned it around like this:

Posted Image

and this:

Posted Image

I also want to add something here for future refrence! :D

Who do we hate right now?

Bobcats? Yuck...

Wizards? Ewww....

Toronto? ZZZZZzzzzz...

Orlando? BLAH

New Orleans? Who?

Sacramento? Shoot me...

Let's see how we feel about all of these teams in a few years too. Not saying their doing it right, but let's see if we have a situation where a winning franchise (like the Hawks) gets snubbed for a perennial loser (like the Clippers).

• Moderators

The Sixers I will give you, but not Boston since they'll have no trouble attracting top tier free agents. Now, if they do it through the draft and trades then that's one thing, but if they pick up 'A' list free agents as part of their rebuilding then they no longer count.

??Who is the last major free agent to sign with Boston? Boston doesn't have a great reputation with black players. That is why they had to go to the lottery and trade rather than sign free agents to sign with PP. Seriously, what is their FA track record? I can't remember any big player that jumped from their team to go play in Boston via FA.I will accept their disqualification if they sign a big FA without landing a young stud in the draft who is the draw for the FA. If they dump their vets and land some draft studs, they are a perfect comparable. Edited by AHF

??Who is the last major free agent to sign with Boston? Boston doesn't have a great reputation with black players. That is why they had to go to the lottery and trade rather than sign free agents to sign with PP. Seriously, what is their FA track record? I can't remember any big player that jumped from their team to go play in Boston via FA.I will accept their disqualification if they sign a big FA without landing a young stud in the draft who is the draw for the FA. If they dump their vets and land some draft studs, they are a perfect comparable.

I'm saying they have that reputation now after winning a championship and being competitive all these recent years. During that time they haven't had the money to sign any marquee free agents.

• Premium Member

I am honestly resigned to the fact Ferry is going to put up a mediocre treadmill team just to have a playoff team. The best chance of getting superstars passed us by when Cp3 and Dwight did not come. The second best chance is making sure we have a high lottery pick in this year's draft which is the deepest draft in a DECADE or more. I can't stress enough how good this draft is and how desperately we need to be picking high in it.

• Moderators

I'm saying they have that reputation now after winning a championship and being competitive all these recent years. During that time they haven't had the money to sign any marquee free agents.

Prior to PP, they weren't many years removed from the Larry Bird era either. We'll see. If Lebron jumps to Boston in two years, you won't hear me compare them to us. If they land Wiggins and draw stars, they are fair game as far as I am concerned.

• Moderators

I am honestly resigned to the fact Ferry is going to put up a mediocre treadmill team just to have a playoff team. The best chance of getting superstars passed us by when Cp3 and Dwight did not come. The second best chance is making sure we have a high lottery pick in this year's draft which is the deepest draft in a DECADE or more. I can't stress enough how good this draft is and how desperately we need to be picking high in it.

Can I get a hallelujah? (From the choir). Ferry needs to make that happen via trade now with all the "assets" he is acquiring. If he can take on a Baron Davis and do it via Cleveland/LAC, he'll have my praise. I'm not holding my breath.

We will see how this plays out. Wretch and I (among others) have made it abundantly clear that we think this is the road to mediocrity. Hawksfanatic, Buzzard, Dolfan, Dr. Z and others have made it clear that this approach is the best road to greatness.We'll see how it plays out and do our best Diesel necromancy to revisit this periodically.

When did I ever say the current path was the best? I was just sick and tired of arguments on tanking that did not actually use any data, understanding of probabilities, or that had a definition where you trace every transaction in the NBA back to the draft. Or at least the data that was presented as "evidence" did not actually justify the argument.

But hey, you've got the counterfactual going for you so you can always claim "it could have been different tanking." If we now use future performance as the criteria of this argument then there is no chance to have evidence presented to show that tanking would not have worked (unfalsifiable) and the current path is the only one that has a chance to be proven wrong (falsifiable). Hmmm...so one position cannot lose while the other could win or lose. Gee, sounds reasonable to me!