• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I like Ferry's professional approach to recruiting players BUT

NBASupes

Diesel,

1. How do you know he didn't have a plan B? How do you know his Plan B isn't coming to pass? None of us have any clue what Ferry is thinking or doing. We're not privy to those types of things. He missed out on Howard/CP3. He didn't want a no defense guy like Jefferson apparently. He can't force Houston to trade Asik when Houston has to realize trading a player because they're "forced" to trade him weakens their position. He didn't feel comfortable giving Bynum a deal because of the doctor's reports. Is he supposed to create some magical player out of thin air that isn't available? God forbid he goes out and overpays for someone just to satisfy the masses. Then people would be calling for his head for other reasons. Be logical man. We don't know where this roster will end up, nor do we have any clue what his intentions are/where

2. Whether we want to face the facts or not, Al can play Center and play it quite well. Is he a true 7 footer? No. Is he a true banger? No. Can he play the position well against the majority of the league at a high level? Yes. Getting Millsap was not a redundant move in my opinion. He is undersized, but my goodness, he plays like a bigger guy. He's got post skills. He can shoot a little too. He gives us what Josh should have been all these years minus a little of the athleticism. If your comment was referring to guys like Jenkins, Lou, etc.... then you have to look at what each player represents. Lou is a 6th man. Plain and simple. He can spot you at the 1 or 2, but he's on the team to give you scoring off the bench. He's undersized for the 2 yes, but people griped and complained last season when he played the 1 so pick your gripe with him. Jenkins is a 3pt. shooter. He may develop into more, but right now, he's Kyle Korver less the experience and 4". As for the second part of that, he's bringing in guys with a winning attitude. Guys that will work hard and not expect things to just be handed to them. Does anyone work harder on the floor that Kyle Korver? Dude is running all over the place off of screens. He's directing guys on defense and giving everything he's got. Keeping his bangs out of his eyes is hard work too! That's the kind of guys I want on my team. Not guys like Josh that gripe and complain with every call or guys who expect the opponents to roll over just because of who you are. I want guys that will get after it every single night and when teams come into Atlanta, they know they'll have to work for a W against the Hawks. That will get noticed around the league and will start changing the culture we so desperately want to see changed.

3. What inside knowledge do you have about how he has really treated players or are you going off statements from guys like Teague saying he really hadn't talked to anyone and he felt left out? We all know it's a business. It's bad business to go out and make a guy an offer before the market establishes for him. You risk offering him to low and offending him or offering too high and hurting your team. That's the business side of it. Jeff should put his big boy pants on and not get his feelings hurt so easily. If he was half as concerned about his game and took charge of that, then the Hawks would have not even blinked about matching "Blink's" offer sheet.

I have to say that this was a great post.

• Like 1

I have to say that this was a great post.

Thanks Hot. I'm just tired of the knee jerk reactions. I'm just as disappointed as every other Hawks fan regarding the apparent lack of a superstar signing or trade, but I'm also happy with the moves we have made and the direction of the franchise. When I started looking at other teams like Dallas who have more reputation to build on striking out, I realize it's not just they don't want to come to ATL. They want to win.

I will continue giving Danny the benefit of the doubt at least until I see the finished project. I'm not going to jump ship to the Pelicans or whomever else just because we didn't get D12 or CP3 or anyone else I wanted us to get. Houston changed their perception simply by one smart trade. Dwight flat out refused to go to Houston last year when Orlando wanted to trade him there. Now he embraces them with open arms. Culture change can happen, but it has to be done smart and in the right timing. Making moves just to make moves makes you the Knicks and last time I checked, they had a few superstars who get them no further than second round exits.

Thanks Hot. I'm just tired of the knee jerk reactions. I'm just as disappointed as every other Hawks fan regarding the apparent lack of a superstar signing or trade, but I'm also happy with the moves we have made and the direction of the franchise. When I started looking at other teams like Dallas who have more reputation to build on striking out, I realize it's not just they don't want to come to ATL. They want to win.

I will continue giving Danny the benefit of the doubt at least until I see the finished project. I'm not going to jump ship to the Pelicans or whomever else just because we didn't get D12 or CP3 or anyone else I wanted us to get. Houston changed their perception simply by one smart trade. Dwight flat out refused to go to Houston last year when Orlando wanted to trade him there. Now he embraces them with open arms. Culture change can happen, but it has to be done smart and in the right timing. Making moves just to make moves makes you the Knicks and last time I checked, they had a few superstars who get them no further than second round exits.

I'm not sold on Ferry, but I have to give credit when it is do.

See, I admire in some ways how Ferry SEEMS to work. His somewhat cutthroat and cold business approach... Ideally it is great. But the league does have so many crybaby and soft players and I think people are rightfully concerned that this could be an issue. We call it a professional basketball league, but it really isn't that as much as it used to be. The players now are spoiled and pampered with all of the inflated salaries and the fact that players run a lot of teams. If things go bad, its the coaches that get most of the blame while the players get so little of it.

Me? I don't want to build 8th seed teams every year in the hopes that a James Harden falls into our laps. Especially with a draft that appears to be so deep this year. Why keep hoping a James Harden falls into our laps when he might be right there in the draft? I think people are turned off that we managed to get nothing for Smith and Teague. Two players that have been productive for us and are both young, but we have nothing to show for them now. That's what bothers people I think.

You can't blame people that much. This franchise was set up to try and lure Paul and Howard and we swung and missed again. The fans are tired of looking like a joke. And every time we strike out on guys like Paul and Howard we give the Hawk hating media more ammo to use against us and laugh at us. Which it might not ever change. The media still hates the Braves and Falcons. People are tired of being the joke and that's what makes these misses so painful. LA will get over it. They will get over losing Dwight Howard because they are the Lakers and the media loves them. But its tough here. I know this is not the only franchise in the NBA that is in the situation. Teams like the Jazz and Bucks have some of the same issues. And Cleveland also. But perhaps that will change as people see how good Irving can be. But we need that centerpiece also, and I don't think things can really change until we get that player/players that will attract other players. As much as we like them, Horford and Millsap are not those guys.

Oh, and as for the The jumping ship thing... It does not work. I tried it and it didn't last a week.

• Like 1

Oh, and as for the The jumping ship thing... It does not work. I tried it and it didn't last a week.

I read all that and this is what stuck out, made me choke from laughing so hard.Posted Image

I read all that and this is what stuck out, made me choke from laughing so hard.Posted Image

NBAsuperstar didn't last a week either over on the Pelicans board either.

Here is the kicker... The team I tired to go and root for was... You guess it... The New Orleans Hornets!

So, I've been there and done that.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I think people are turned off that we managed to get nothing for Smith and Teague. Two players that have been productive for us and are both young, but we have nothing to show for them now. That's what bothers people I think.

I was disappointed we got nothing for Josh but Houston didn't want him (they are waiting to sign Parsons next season). I would have liked the Asik deal if it was available. Josh signed for 14 million, a SnT with Detroit would have given us 14 mil in Villanueva and Stuckey contracts(expiring), because Detroit is not trading their young guys.

Jury is still out on Teague - can we get a TPE for Teague if DF doesn't match (advantages and disadvantages please)?

NBAsuperstar didn't last a week either over on the Pelicans board either.

Here is the kicker... The team I tired to go and root for was... You guess it... The New Orleans Hornets!

So, I've been there and done that.

I realized he is back - you two are quite the pair...lol.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I was disappointed we got nothing for Josh but Houston didn't want him (they are waiting to sign Parsons next season). I would have liked the Asik deal if it was available. Josh signed for 14 million, a SnT with Detroit would have given us 14 mil in Villanueva and Stuckey contracts(expiring), because Detroit is not trading their young guys.

Jury is still out on Teague - can we get a TPE for Teague if DF doesn't match (advantages and disadvantages please)?

But we say "Oh, we can just build up assets"

We got no assets for those two and so acquiring assets is not as easy as it sounds. Josh and Teague seem to be proof of that. I mean, this was a 50 team a few years ago and 4 pieces have been dealt and almost nothing to show for any of them. There is almost nothing to show for JJ, Teague, Marvin and Josh Smith. A core that won 53 games 3 or 4 years ago.

But we say "Oh, we can just build up assets"

We got no assets for those two and so acquiring assets is not as easy as it sounds. Josh and Teague seem to be proof of that. I mean, this was a 50 team a few years ago and 4 pieces have been dealt and almost nothing to show for any of them. There is almost nothing to show for JJ, Teague, Marvin and Josh Smith. A core that won 53 games 3 or 4 years ago

Sign and trades and getting value are not nearly what they used to be. You couple that with so many teams having the outright capspace to sign FA's outright this offseason makes it even more difficult. We essentially flipped Joe, Marvin, Josh, and now Teague if you want to include him for Millsap, Korver, Carroll, Jennings (most likely), Bebe, and any other FA or trade target we have with the remaining cap space.

I agree, Ferry isn't doing everything in his power to woo these guys.

Take any one of these guys to the Clermont Lounge and then the Varsity and then Krispy Kreme and they'll be ATLiens for life

Tell me I'm wrong.

Edited by Bahamut

Sign and trades and getting value are not nearly what they used to be. space.

Agreed - seems that with the new CBA is better to get nothing than take on bad long term contracts.