• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Forget Matt Harvey, Zack Wheeler killing ATL

I played on Zack Wheeler's baseball team from when we were 12 up until we were 15 years of age. The man has always had a arm but I never thought he'd go this far. Pick right before Mike Minor in 2009 and traded straight up for Carlos Beltran, Zack has finally broke into the bigs and is a starting pitcher for the New York Mets. I'm thinking most of you Braves fans have already gotten a tatse of him? Why? He's 3-0 with an ERA under 3 against the Braves ALREADY this year. It just amazes me how far he's gone since we played together. Wow. Has anybody gotten to watch this kid yet? Him and Matt Harvey are going to give the Mets a potent 1-2 punch for the future.

Edited by IllestPamfilis

Yeah, both him and Harvey are studs. Only one of my friends have made the big leagues. He's pitched 4 games for the Pirates and had a gem against the Cardinals.

I'm hoping Brandon Cumpton will make the rotation next year. We played ball together in HS. Won 2 state rings! Nolan Belchar (USC) didn't get drafted, but Rich Poythress(UGA), Jeff Rowland(GT), Cumpton(GT), Rafael Hoss(MLB) all were drafted in the MLB draft. Yup, we were nasty!