• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bill and Jalen on the Hawks NBA League Pass rating

Sothron

• Premium Member

We're 9th from the bottom. Find it here: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9842911/the-grantland-annual-nba-league-pass-rankings ATLANTA HAWKS: 54.5

Zach: I had Atlanta nine spots higher than you. You had them 27th! I'm a sucker for Horford's defense, passing, and all-around good judgment, and there's a ton of shooting here — Horford, Millsap, Korver, Jeff Teague, and John Jenkins is tough to defend. Mike Budenholzer's San Antonio pedigree suggests good things. 

Bill: This team enables you to tap into your full-fledged basketball nerd — I get it. For me, the Horford-Millsap combo will be fun for about 20 minutes. Then I'm going to be on the Trade Machine figuring out deals for both of them. Danny Ferry could blow this thing up, build a war chest of assets and improve his Riggin' For Wiggins chances in two phenomenal steps: Paul Millsap straight-up for Omer Asik, then Al Horford for Carlos Boozer, Chicago's first-round pick in 2014, the rights to Charlotte's future first-rounder (unprotected in 2016) and the rights to Nikola Mirotic. Wiggins, Asik, Mirotic, Nogueira, Schröder, Ayón, Antić … who's up for the all–Foreign Guy Hawks???????

Zach: A big trade or two is definitely possible. This roster is built to trade. But I like this team. Fans are going to enjoy Pero Antić.

Bill: Whoops, you just came up with another marketing slogan: "BUILT TO TRADE … THAT'S RIGHT, BUY TICKETS NOW FOR THE 2014 ATLANTA HAWKS!"

• Like 1

Ha! Built to trade.

We may be. Why not? The ultimate goal of each and every NBA team

is to eventually win it all, is it not? If not, why not?

I cannot believe that we would trade players just to be trading. There has

to be an ultimate goal - - to become the best we can be. Some times, there

are teams that feel we have to move right now in order to win it all right now.

Hawks are not in that position. We're looking at the long picture. How good

can we be in this season? Next season? In three years? Can we "grow our

own" or, must we, somehow, find that elusive great group of players that every

team has a great desire to have and no team wants to turn loose?

Apparently, this season's teams are greater or lesser than ever before so there

are going to be some deals available out there as all teams struggle for position.

We're setting ready to help those teams, providing it also helps us, aren't we?

GO HAWKS !!