• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Bud on 92.9 The Game

LamarHampton

This was the first installment of "On the Court with Coach Bud" on 92.9 The Game.

I didn't see where anyone else had linked to the audio, so I'm putting it up for anyone who's interested.

Today he talked a lot about his philosophy, general game plan, developing Teague and Schröder, etc. Actually a pretty long interview, but not a lot of real nuts and bolts - mostly just fluff stuff here - but I'm glad to see that they're doing the weekly interview with Coach Bud.

Here's the link for the interview that took place today (and will happen every Thurs) @ 6:20pm: http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/audio/1675-the-night-show-with-jason-goff/the-night-show-10-24-13-coach-buds-first-visit/

(Start about the 13:30 min mark)

• Like 2

What I liked:

1. Right now we focus on what we have not what we don't have.

2. Al allows himself to be coached, to be pushed which makes it easier to do the same to everybody

3. On Teague - he improved every year since being in the league and wants to continue the trend, the challenge is being CONSISTENT, he will set the table defensively and be the engine offensively, they will be demanding of him - sometimes they will put a foot on him other times they will put their arm around him

4. On Dennis - important for him to establish a work ethic and professionalism, the work he puts in before practice, after games, in the film room, along with practice will earn him his minutes.

I'm honestly very happy to have the Hawks coverage on 92.9 - in years past I couldn't hear them half the time when I was in my car, which was very annoying. Big step forward in my eyes at least.

And I felt like a lot of the interview was fluff, but the real season hasn't started yet. Hopefully once things really get going we'll hear a lot more nuts and bolts as opposed to buzz words and cliches.

But I'm very glad for the interviews Bud is doing. I don't recall LD hardly doing any interviews.