• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry expectations vs Hawk Fans expectations

JTB

I'm sure when ferry put this team together he thought.....-ok well we don't have a alpha Dog Star on this team but hey lets see what Teague and horford can do, maybe they will become something great or decent enough to build on to, it's not like they have bad contracts.-ok we have a new coach so it's going to take some time for his game plan and strategy to develop for this team, I expect we may lose some games in the beginning but it's understandable.-ok we have a ton of NEW players so it's going to take longer than 5 games for them to build chemistry.-by the looks of our roster we have a playoff team so I would say I did a damn good job on these contracts! UNLESS there's a trade that puts us over the top I'm probably going to change little by little with this team until we get the right pieces for us to become real contenders. If I keep signing good contracts on quality players I will keep us in playoff contention and if or when the right deal comes through to put us over the top i will have good contracts in place to make it easy to pull off the trade and I will do my best to lose the least possible while making us legit contenders but FOR NOW it's best to just hope for the best with what we have until a great trade offer is actual there! Stars don't grow on trees these days and usually they go to higher market teams. I better not choose to tank we could have nothing for years and years.But fans expectations somehow came to this.....-did we lose?....trade horford and Teague, start the rookie-did we just draft Dennis!.....CHAMPIONSHIP!-what no more Jsmoove?...congrats horford you are now labeled our new dumb ass, somebody has to take on this role for us to bi***.-so let me get this straight....we drafted Dennis!....CHAMPIONSHIP!-wait a minute...hold the hell up...ferry signed milsap...oh ok I get it ferry signed milsap only to trade him before the deadline....surely ferry didn't want the milsap/horford combination to actually work!...no no you guys got it wrong...ferry wants it to work so we can trade away what's working for us to get us a true big....ASIK to save the day!-did we draft Dennis?!....CHAMPIONSHIP-Teagues avg a double, double and horford too....*shrugs*... I still say trade them.How did we get this ignorant? I thought if ferry put a team on the floor that hustles, puts in effort, and show some heart hawks fans would at least be happy about that!...but I see many of us were expecting championship for some odd reason.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Dude its been 5 games. If we don't have it clicking on all cylinders by now it ain't happening. You don't see teams who 'get it' like the Rockets getting punked by crappy teams like the Lakers. I mean they have two superstars AND two legit centers.

Dude its been 5 games. If we don't have it clicking on all cylinders by now it ain't happening. You don't see teams who 'get it' like the Rockets getting punked by crappy teams like the Lakers. I mean they have two superstars AND two legit centers.

Dude!....Steve Blake hit a game winning 3 over Dwight Howard last night!...what was your point again?And really you just compared the rockets to the hawks! We didn't sign two superstars and we are still fighting hard and staying in every game. Edited by JTB

• Moderators

Dude!....Steve Blake hit a game winning 3 over Dwight Howard last night!...what was your point again?And really you just compared the rockets to the hawks! We didn't sign two superstars and we are still fighting hard and staying in every game.

Why do i do this all the time? I was totally being sarcastic and agree 100% with your post. I got to remember to indicate that in the future. Anyway. That was my point. Rockets aren't looking much better than us at this point of the season. Of course their prospects are better but still.

Why do i do this all the time? I was totally being sarcastic and agree 100% with your post. I got to remember to indicate that in the future. Anyway. That was my point. Rockets aren't looking much better than us at this point of the season. Of course their prospects are better but still.

Lol ya know I kind of caught that (sarcastic) but I wanted to write an asshole comment like the one above!My bad....friend! Lol
  • Like 1

Purple font needed. lol.

I'm not high on Schröder!! I'm NOW HIGH ON MILLSAP!! I loved Josh Smith to death but I must give Ferry Credit Millsap can ball but the team still has the same problem that it's had for years. We are just too small upfront but we should finish about in the same spot we did last year. The team is not bad but coach bud has sucked so far...

They did get punked by the Lakers. On paper Houston wins by 10 in LA and 20 or more in Houston. On paper, no way Philly ever beats Miami. It is early and every game on the road for us will be a tough one.

Look at it this way: We are missing Lou, Ayón, and last night Dennis. I mean damn, that is three important rotational players that would total at least 50 minutes a game. Give it a rest.

Edited by Buzzard

What?

I just remember ya'll say crazy things on this board.

Let's be real,

Teague is a good player and has made improvements but he's still a poor PG and his defense is abysmal now that Josh rim protection is gone. His ability to run an offense is a joke at best.

Horf still isn't being used to his strengths.

This team is much better with Schröder at PG even though he's no where near as good as Jeff right now. He has good PG ability and he is a decent player and a pretty good rookie.

Sap is a good player. We all knew that. He is smart, knows how to play smart hoops and understands the situations but he lacks athletic ability, size, great skill, and any standout trait.

Horf even though his stats have improve has taken a step back without Smoove on offense and defense. He is not as efficient and he is not as reliable as he is with Smith. That is real. He is a much better rebounder with Sap because Sap on near the rim on defense AND offense unlike Smoove.

Korver took a step back without Smoove. No surprise here.

Schröder is the best thing going in general for this franchise. He is the hope for this club like Paul George was when he first arrived in Indy. While he was ready at first, you knew he was going to be good. Just how good is up to him.

Nothing else is worth noting at this point.

Bud is a good coach. His situation planning craps on all coaches I've seen in Atlanta since Wilkens. He seems to have elite potential as a coach. I seen a lot of positives with him, Jacque Vaughn, Philly coach and Brad Stevens in Boston this year. I been equally disappointed in Brian Shaw, Wittman, and Mike Brown.

Overall, this team is on pace for 30 wins. This team plays better than those Mad Dog and SAR Hawks but they lack the talent and the depth. I can really see this team finishing last in the Southeast which has improved greatly. Orlando is better than the Hawks. The Bobcats are just as good. The Wiz might be superior talent wise but their coach is awful and they play a style not conducive to their talent. Not that they should be running and gunning like Phoenix, but they should play a style the Hawks played with Bibby and not a style like Doug Collins' 76ers.

What?

I just remember ya'll say crazy things on this board.

Let's be real,

Overall, this team is on pace for 30 wins. This team plays better than those Mad Dog and SAR Hawks but they lack the talent and the depth. I can really see this team finishing last in the Southeast which has improved greatly. Orlando is better than the Hawks. The Bobcats are just as good. The Wiz might be superior talent wise but their coach is awful and they play a style not conducive to their talent. Not that they should be running and gunning like Phoenix, but they should play a style the Hawks played with Bibby and not a style like Doug Collins' 76ers.

We are now on pace to win 41 games. We just beat Orlando by 10. We are the 4th seed in the East right now. We have four players averaging: Millsap 20.2, Horford 18.0, Teague 17.8, and Korver 14.3. We are ranked 7th in PPG and 1st in assist ( without Smoove's 4 APG BTW ).

We need to improve our rebounding ( 24th) , hopefully Brand and Ayón come around in that regard. We we are also missing 14ppg in, Lou Williams, our utility guard. If we are .500 or better when Lou gets back, that will be a hell of a accomplishment and a testament that we are playing well and being coached well!

I like this team a lot; I don't see one selfish player out there. Just all heart and they are aggressive as all get out!

• Like 1