• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Prepping For First Hawks Game

pmterp

Hey Everybody,

I'm taking my teen son to our first Hawks (or any NBA game) Tuesday against the Thunder and am trying to find some tips about the arena. My son plays ball at his high school and is super excited and wants to get some autographs (Hawks and/or Thunder). He's a Hawks fan but also a huge Kevin Durant fan. Any recommendations on where to be and when to be there to get autographs from players? Also, do ticket prices get lower closer to game time? I've noticed the tickets for Tuesday's game are quite a bit more than other days and didn't understand why.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

• Like 2

Can't offer any assistance regarding autographs, but the reason the ticket prices are higher vs. other games is because of the player your son wants to see, Kevin Durant. Ticket prices soar when superstar players come to town because it's much more entertaining to the casual fan to see a big-name player/team rather than a team like the Orlando Magic.

A regular season Hawks game is never going to sell out, but if you and your son are set on going to this game, I'd go ahead and buy the tickets just to be safe. Enjoy it!

Edited by WakaFlocka

Can't offer any assistance regarding autographs, but the reason the ticket prices are higher vs. other games is because of the player your son wants to see, Kevin Durant. Ticket prices soar when superstar players come to town because it's much more entertaining to the casual fan to see a big-name player/team rather than a team like the Orlando Magic.

A regular season Hawks game is never going to sell out, but if you and your son are set on going to this game, I'd go ahead and buy the tickets just to be safe. Enjoy it!

Thanks for chiming in about the ticket prices. I kinda was afraid of that when I saw tickets for games after this one with lower ticket prices.

Welcome to the Squawk!

I was searching the site for a gameday guide, which I know I have posted before. It got a little depressing when I found this: http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/268390-going-to-the-hawks-and-hornets-on-friday/#entry268408 which was from 2007! Oh boy, RIP Headlines Bar & Grill.

But that post is still basically right as far as autographs. Gates open an hour before tip, you can catch a handful of players still putting up shots for about 15 minutes. The Ushers will let you go down to get autographs. Then it is quiet for the next 30 or so minutes until the players come back out for introductions and the national anthem.

Once you go inside Philips there is no returning (unless you are sneaky with the smoking section, but you have a kid you are taking to the game so do not be some skeezball dad). There is one exception, Taco Mac is connected to the Arena. Someone will have to correct me, but I believe you can actually flow between Taco Mac and the Arena...but outside of the Taco Mac there is nothing special for the food inside of Philips, so if you like arena food then have fun eating it. Outside of Philips there is the CNN Center Food Court (http://www.cnncenterretail.com/template.aspx?CID03=67d8fd72-6aff-4d5f-8480-23924a5c59bc&name=goocou) with lots of options. I suggest going early and eating at the CNN Center before heading in to the game.

• Moderators

Parking at the GWCC garage is the place to park. Always open spaces and is the cheapest place to park at $10. Even the playoff games it was only $10 to park and it's literally next door to the Philips. Also, get your tix off of StubHub. You won't find tickets cheaper unless you get them free or something. Also, every seat at the Philips is a great seat. I've sat everywhere from courtside to nose bleed and had a great view every game. I prefer the center 200's though. As for getting auto's, you have to get there EARLY and catch them during shoot around.

Another Hawk fan and his dad is taking him to see them play!

GREAT!!

Welcome to Hawksquawk - keep us informed as to how the game goes in your eyewitness......

Posted Image

GM - you missed the part about his son being a fan of KEVIN DURANT FAN and not a Hawks players.Posted Image

C'mon - raise that kid right and have him cheer for our HAWKS!. You didn't read the manual on "How to train you kids to root for the Hawks" Posted Image