• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Milsap's value

warcore

I'm thinking with Al going down, Milsap is about to show the world what kind of beast he really is. If his performance last night against CHA is any indication, I think his trade value is going to be at an all time high in the next couple months.

I like 'Sap and certainly wouldn't deal him unless it netted us some great assets. But we have to realize we have him for one more season and then he gets a huge pay day.

At this point I'd say Sap for Asik/Jones/1st is certainly doable. But I feel like we may even be able to get better with Sap looking like a star. Thoughts?

I think it's the right move for the team to try to get a good deal for Millsap. we trade him we don't want Asik coming back. With Horford out for the season, we need to load up in these next 2 drafts and rebuild around all the young talent we'll have.Now way I'd want to trade Millsap if he was signed to a longer contract, but as an expiring next season it really seems he was signed to trade. If that's the case, his value is very high and now before the deadline is the time to trade him to get max value

I hear you on that. He's incredible. But after next season he's going to command $15 million and I just don't see the Hawks forking that up. It's not about this season (Horford is done). It's about the future.

15 Million? How'd you figure that. I am no fan of trading Paul at the moment but he will not be getting $15 mil.Look at the salaries this season and next for the following players:Blake G - 16/17 milKevin L - 14/15 milSerge I - 12/12 milTiago S - 10/9 milDavid W - 12/12 milAl Jeff - 13.5/13.5 milJosh S - 13.5/13.5 milLaMarcus A - 14/16 milWhy can't his contract be extended another year at the end of this season. (Someone with CBA knowledge please advise if this can be done since he only signed a 2year deal). Why would he not want to resign here when he is having a great season? He will be 30 years at the end of his deal, he may want the security if a long term deal - why not offer him a contract with decelerating amounts (eg starting at 12/11/10/9). The possibilities are endless.Teams with championship aspirations need players with Millsap's workman like attitude to add to the Superstar players which we can hopefully add in this upcoming draft.Unless trading Millsap will get us SIGNIFICANTLY closer to a CHAMPIONSHIP there is no need to rush to trade him.

• Premium Member

If the Hawks don't pay Sap the value of the market, then you can guarantee management isn't serious about winning (which I already suspect).

If we keep signing these low market rates and then selling them off there is your key.......

Good signings is the GM's job. You either win with them or without them. Is winning the goal or just having a couple good players or signings. Cap management, unfortunatly doesn't win championships, money does or the draft does.The Hawks can't or won't spend the money, even if they would, established "winners" only go to a few teams and we've never been one of them. Got to take other routes.Do we play mediocre ball forever waiting for the FA that isn't coming? Or do we flip the good signings to at least have a chance through the draft? Any other ideas?

• Like 1

If the Hawks don't pay Sap the value of the market, then you can guarantee management isn't serious about winning (which I already suspect). If we keep signing these low market rates and then selling them off there is your key.......

What do you consider his value to be? Based on the salaries I listed previously is Sap's market going to command 15 million? I don't think it will.Luol Deng's agent was asking 12/13 million for his client this past off season, the Bulls were offering 8 so talks were suspended.