Teague has been a dominate force these last 4 games.

JTB

No you basically said everything that refers to his athleticism, nothing about the important qualities in a PG / leader. He's faster and quicker than both Dennis and Mack, - athleticismhe has more hops than both, - athleticismslightly better handles than Dennis,a bit more handles than Mack - athleticism and questionable if true,more hops than both of them, - athleticism (repeated)more explosive than both of them, - athleticismbetter slasher than them, - athleticismfaster in the open floor than them, - athleticism (repeated) did I miss anything? - yes you missed the important qualities in a PG / leader

The only thing repeated was hops.Being faster and quicker than them is a valuable trait/ability especially when discussing Point Guards.Handles is not athleticism,ballhandling is a skill and once again very important when dealing with Point Guards.Explosiveness may be apart of athleticism but that doesnt mean its being redundant,Teague is just as fast and quick as Westbrook,but Westbrooks explosiveness sets him apart from Teague and many other Point Guards in the league.Being a good slasher is part athleticism but also skill,Teague is alot quicker than Chris Paul but I think Paul is one of the best penetraiting Point Guards in the leage and he isnt one of the fastest nor quickest but he's smart,so once again your wrong.And open floor speed is athleticism again but it's another valuable trait and different from halfcourt speed and quickness.So where was I redundant at again?

The only thing repeated was hops.Being faster and quicker than them is a valuable trait/ability especially when discussing Point Guards.Handles is not athleticism,ballhandling is a skill and once again very important when dealing with Point Guards.Explosiveness may be apart of athleticism but that doesnt mean its being redundant,Teague is just as fast and quick as Westbrook,but Westbrooks explosiveness sets him apart from Teague and many other Point Guards in the league.Being a good slasher is part athleticism but also skill,Teague is alot quicker than Chris Paul but I think Paul is one of the best penetraiting Point Guards in the leage and he isnt one of the fastest nor quickest but he's smart,so once again your wrong.And open floor speed is athleticism again but it's another valuable trait and different from halfcourt speed and quickness.So where was I redundant at again?

You were redundant in every area where I listed it above. I don't need to go back through it and list it again since it's still there. Nothing you've said here makes any sense in trying to convince me those aren't athleticism traits and that you duplicated speed / quickness twice and hops twice. The only possible exception is ball handling and that's debatable as Schröder is a terrific ball handler.

You were redundant in every area where I listed it above. I don't need to go back through it and list it again since it's still there. Nothing you've said here makes any sense in trying to convince me those aren't athleticism traits and that you duplicated speed / quickness twice and hops twice. The only possible exception is ball handling and that's debatable as Schröder is a terrific ball handler.

No sir but if thats what you want to believe then thats ok as well,there's a difference in everything I said and I even gave examples your wrong,Im right.

• Moderators

Ballhandling is definitely a skill and not an athletic ability. Slashing ability is a combination of athleticism and skill. The rest look like pure athleticism.

Athleticism is important but doesn't address BBIQ, defense, effort, leadership, passing, shooting, scoring, etc. All of that needs ot be included in a player's profile. A coach's son who is 5'10'' and can't stay in front of offensive players may be skilled, hard working, and a leader but he won't ever cut in the NBA (think someone like Travis Ford). Likewise, an ultra-athletic guy with a great frame will never amount to anything if he doesn't get the skills and BBIQ (think Tyrus Thomas). You need a blend of these things.

Ballhandling is definitely a skill and not an athletic ability. Slashing ability is a combination of athleticism and skill. The rest look like pure athleticism.

Athleticism is important but doesn't address BBIQ, defense, effort, leadership, passing, shooting, scoring, etc. All of that needs ot be included in a player's profile. A coach's son who is 5'10'' and can't stay in front of offensive players may be skilled, hard working, and a leader but he won't ever cut in the NBA (think someone like Travis Ford). Likewise, an ultra-athletic guy with a great frame will never amount to anything if he doesn't get the skills and BBIQ (think Tyrus Thomas). You need a blend of these things.

There is a lot to ball handling that requires athleticism but I agreed it can be argued that it's not just athleticism.

I agree with the rest and that was my point that the things that I find to be more important were not addressed by him.

• Premium Member

Kirk Hinrich and Shawn Marion are offended by your statements.

The problem is that Teague does have some BBIQ. You can't average over 6 apg with just athleticism. He not only did that this year...pushed up to around 8 with Horf.. but He did it last year, for a team that Both Kirk Hinrich and Mike Bibby (coaches sons) could get no more than 4.5 apg.

The problem that some Teague critics have is that they don't recognize that in Basketball, you need team. Basketball is a team game. Actually Basketball is an individual game masquerading as a team sport. However, if you don't have talented individuals on the team, you need a good team.. ala Detroit Pistons.

If you watched last night, you saw the difference between a good team and a not so good team. Who can Teague goto for points? Who is playing defense? When we play that Zone and Teague has to sag down to help Brand with the bigs.. how do we not expect outside shooters to score?? We suffer from a lack of talent. No player can shine if you surround him with untalented journeymen.

Bring in CP3 and change out Teague and you will get similar results.

• Like 1

• Moderators

CP3 would have similar results? Ummmm....no.Teague is not without bbiq (though not great). Kirk and Shawn were not without athleticism and skills respectably. This is why they are all useful players. (Marion is a plus bbiq guy with his rebounding/defense instincts - Kirk is quick and long enough to be a plus defender for his career).

• Like 1

Dear God I hope we trade him this offseason I just can't stand him anymore

Man, Ferry should have listen to me. I seen this coming years ago. I seen what Smoove did coming years before even his 2nd deal.

People call me a hater but you don't see me wanting to get rid of Korver unless we are tanking and since we don't have Al no more, we are tanking. Korver doesn't make much of a difference without Al anyway.

Honestly, here are the players we need to keep: Bebe, Al, Dennis, Korver, maybe DMC, maybe Jenkins, Muscala, Scott, and Antić. Everyone else can leave or are easily replaceable. Jeff will be traded without question in the next two years. Sap needs to be traded for Asik this summer. Stop bullshitting. Bring him in, play him, Antić, Bebe, and Muscala at C. Move Al to PF. Good lucky in the lottery and get Wiggins, Parker, Exum, or Gordon. Play them at SF with DMC starting. I don't want one of them starting ASAP outside of Parker. Wiggins and Gordon need to earn their starting spot. Dennis needs to be starting or be the backup next yr.

Bebe has good potential but is raw.

Dennis has very good potential but is very raw.

Mike has good potential but not even close yet.

Jenkins needs to be healthy again. He was decent as a rookie.

Al is still Al

Antić is decent

Asik would give a defensive minded big.

This would make us much better. Do it Ferry!