• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Doug McDermott slip to us?

ATLHawks3

You know, like Jabari by Mercer? What about Wiggins?

McDermott won't be a star because he doesn't have the length to make up for his lack of explosiveness, but he'll be a damn good player. No doubt.

He can score with or without the ball in a tremendous amount of ways and he doesn't turn the ball over.

Freshman compared to a senior who's supposed to know how to score against college competition right? One of the all time leaders in points right? Ran into some actual length and decent defense and looked like he had no clue out there.

I see stretch 4 written for McDermott at the NBA Level - does not appear to have the foot speed to play the 3.

We need arheliticism at the SG/SF spot - no if's ands or buts about it.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Freshman compared to a senior who's supposed to know how to score against college competition right? One of the all time leaders in points right? Ran into some actual length and decent defense and looked like he had no clue out there.

These freshman are supposed to be SUPERSTARS. If anyone thinks McDermott is a star then IMO they're completely wrong. However, McDermott is actually a lot like Parker in that he has a myriad of ways to score. He doesn't have Parker's ballhandling or upside, but McD moves without the ball and has a much purer stroke. Parker has much better upside, of course.

Also, he scored 15 on 50% shooting... Sure, he took 14 shots. He's got the entire defense focused on him every night. He also missed some shots he normally makes. I'll happily eat crow of McDermott completely busts, but I don't see it. He's at worst like a 7th-8th man. I think he'll be a super-role player on a contender/playoff team, and I'd gladly take him if he slipped to us. We're not in a position to do anything other than BPA.

I'd rather get Wiggins, Kyle Anderson or Embiid (and a handful of others), but Doug's a nice player.