• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis Schröder Interview translated

gonzo

Loved the interview. Thanks @gonzo. Good job on the translation.This comment ". If you see an open pass here and you wanna play it, the defender is there imediatly and gets the ball." He now understands the speed of NBA players which has helped him fit down on his turnovers.He is finding his way.

• Premium Member

Thanks Gonzo, great interview. Schro gets it. I like that he said he is going to be way better next year and acknowledged he needs to work hard on his game.

• Like 1

I like that he's leaning but not thrilled with the summer play. Do most NBA guys play some sort of Euro or Latin league? Sort of like the Latino guys do in baseball?

Nowitzki did many Euro and World championships as well in the summer, but when he felt he needs rest or the chances of succes to be minimal he did not go.

At this point I think its only good for Dennis at this young age to stay on competing and learning on a high level. Also Batum, Parker etc did great things for France last summer. Schröder then was preparing to get drafted and didnt go.

Its like, NBA is #1 but whenever its clever its good to play mayor tournaments like that.

• Like 1

Well if your body allows you to do so, almost every player will play for "his" country. The german league is not as strong as many other europeans, so we need our guys from other countries in order to qualify for the olympics. Dirk did it a lot, but its troublesome, since the german team can't pay the insurance fee and the american gm's just say they dont want their players to risk their health. But this will have to change, or the americans might loose lots of international talent sooner or later. I recall Dirk had to pay for his own insurance fee (200.000$) once. But I guess his character is flawless anyways. The Hawks have to let Dennis play for germany in order to make themselfes popular over here and to keep Dennis happy. If germany won't have a single good tournament in the next 20 years basketball would be dead here. Most kids would pick up other sports. It's as simple as that.

• Like 2