• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 2 was lost by self destruction of the team and coach!

JTB

I watched the 3rd quarter again myself. Indiana picked up the intensity at both ends of the court in the 3rd and the Hawks just stood around. Teague has to be the aggressor and he did not do that. When Indiana got really aggressive the Hawks could not handle it. The Hawks did not go inside and its a situation when you live by the jumper you die by the jumper.

When the Hawks shots are not falling they are in deep trouble and the reason why they will not win the series unless Indiana decides not to play any defense imo.

Sometimes I read stuff like this and just shake my head. Total garbage! Obviously you weren't watching the 3rd quarter of this game nor the box score. The Pacers shot like shit in the second half. Anytime would look like they got totally destroyed if they couldnt hit the side of a barn. Freethrows and refs helped them win last night. And A little Antić punking by Scola. Coach Budenholzer has to get his head out of his ass! You don't allow your second team the opportunity to play you out of a possible playoff series win. Woody or Drew wouldn't let that happen.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think you are on to something. That looked like a Coach Pop move. It was like he was thinking this game is not going our way. Let me get the young guys sometime and get ready for homecourt.

I tend to agree with that. Deep down Bud (and all of us except the most optimistic) know you have to win 4 games, not very likely in a row, and it's a bit of a chess game. Kinda like a boxer who takes a couple punches on purpose hoping that his opponent will get overconfident and open himself up for a big shot.

If we lost by 7 due to a 30-20 third quarter I could blame Bud more.

Key thing is...we need to win the next one IMO. Get up 2-1 and that worries em more.

Fun to at least THINK we have a coach with a strategy...instead of old Woody.

• Like 1

What a strategy to give a game away?

Well yeah..."strategic losing" does kind of have a bad sound to it...let's call it "strategic non-winning"....or "strategic building their confidence for another fall".

Anyway...as smart as it may have seemed at the time...maybe we shouldn't do it any more.

Edited by DJlaysitup

I think our coach is too smart to not realize we need Teague and the same aggressiveness out there. He def.saw something. I dont what he saw or what he is thinking. But in the back of our minds we know hes planning something. I just hope it works out and we head back to indy up 3-1. Go Team!

• Moderators

The drives stopped and the ball movement lost the crispness from the first half. It was definitely more passive from ATL. That builds on itself, too. When Atlanta misses a shot, Indy rebounds and has a better chance to score. They score and they have time to set up their D which lowers our chance to score. The aggression needs to be there along with execution. That probably means not leaving the reserves on their own for that long but the aggression was a starter issue too.

What, no faith in the playoff-tankjob (sounds painful)? It just looked so odd that Teague sat for soooooo long. I want to believe Budz didn't have a brainlock moment so I'll convince myself it was a case of strategery.

Maybe Bud noticed that Teague was no longer focused with his head in the game after the yakity yak with PG?