Series Tied 1-1 Headed back to Atlanta

RedDawg#8

I believe perspective goes a long way. Even as probably the TRUEST Hawks fans we will ever come across we here on Hawksquawk allow ourselves to listen to and believe the national hype whether good or bad. According to the experts we would be lucky to win a single game, then after game 1 we were unstopable, then after game 2 we suck again. See a trend here???

The truth is despite our reg season record and lack of a superstar we are the LONGEST TENURED playoff team in the Eastern field and in spite of our seeds our ability to steal a road game should come as no surprise. However pre- and post-Horford injury we had a losing road record overall. We also struggled all year to string together long winning streaks. Those facts alone should have tempered the expectation that we would sweep Indy at home let alone this series. The key that you want to pay attention to is did we put ourselves in position to win each game and so far that is a yes.

Now we are back on our turf and despite crowd turnout, refs, superstars, etc, our team has proven this season they will alway put up a great fight at Phillips. Add playoff intensity and the match-up advantages and oh yeah the fact that Indy has a very poor record in Phillips overall and I have to say we have a VERY good chance the next two games to pull ahead in the series.

The key to this all is our bench. I too hate Bud leaving them in so long each game but I trust he has a bigger picture in mind. If we plan on advancing our starters need not be banged up or physically drained in the next round (San Antonio way). If our bench is able to hold steady we have the advantages with the starters to win each game. Historically, your teams bench plays better at home than on the road and in game 2 and to lesser extent game 1 this was the case. I look for Indys bench to feel the playoff pressure on the road and take a step back while our second unit picks up the intensity and their shots start to fall. You will notice a big difference in the bench unit these next two games and the results will be positive for us in the win column.

you are absolutely.....god damn right

Did anyone hear Paul George this morning? He said that if the Pacers let the Hawks hang around that the Gawks could possibly take us to a game 7.......

That should be bulletin board material!!! COMON HAWKIES PUNCH THOSE THUGS IN THE MOUTH TONIGHT!!!!