• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Harrison Barnes

nathan2331

What about a trade that sends Lou + 2018 MIA 2nd round pick for Barnes. Lou replaces what they had in Jarrett Jack and we try to unlock Barnes' potential. Didn't think this trade was possible before, but Golden State has killed Barnes' value this season.

I don't mind trading Lou but I think we can draft a player as good as Barnes for less pay.

I think you're right in that we can draft a similar player, but I think what we were missing most last season was adequate wing depth. We had no real SGs behind Korver (I know Jenkins was supposed to fulfill that role but still). Behind Carroll we only had Cartier Martin who was decent but still. If we want to get better we bolster the wing positions and I think that starts by cutting some of the dead weight with Lou and Jenkins.

If we did this, I think we can get the third seed (or higher) next season:

Teague/Mack/Schröder

Stephenson/Korver/Draft Pick

Carroll/Barnes/Martin

Millsap/Scott/Muscala

Horford/Antić/Bebe

That roster is doable given our cap space and will allow us to play our starters less during the regular season, which I think is a main feature of what the Spurs do today.

• Admin

What about a trade that sends Lou + 2018 MIA 2nd round pick for Barnes. Lou replaces what they had in Jarrett Jack and we try to unlock Barnes' potential. Didn't think this trade was possible before, but Golden State has killed Barnes' value this season.

that's not enough to get that done. Barnes had an off season but has a lot of value. They are not going to give him away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

that's not enough to get that done. Barnes had an off season but has a lot of value. They are not going to give him away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The same could be said about Lou and his value as a 6th man. At this point, is Barnes is a luxury with Igoudala logging big minutes ahead of him. The Warriors need a 6th man to replace Jarrett Jack and Lou does a better job than Blake.

• Admin

The same could be said about Lou and his value as a 6th man. At this point, is Barnes is a luxury with Igoudala logging big minutes ahead of him. The Warriors need a 6th man to replace Jarrett Jack and Lou does a better job than Blake.

Lou has absolutely no value except that he has one year on his contract. Undersized shooting guard who can't guard anyone.

Lou has absolutely no value except that he has one year on his contract. Undersized shooting guard who can't guard anyone.

All I'm saying is that they could use a player like Lou to replace what they had in Jarrett Jack. I'm not trying to make it sound like Lou is some superstar, but he fills a role for them. If Iggy plays 40 min a game, what's Barnes doing? He's not a 4 and Klay isn't moving so what happens? I could see us having to include a pick, but Barnes does not have the value he did last season. By signing Igoudala, Barnes' value dropped. There's also Draymond Green who needs playing time. This trade to me just makes too much sense.

Some people always overrate the value of other teams players. Barnes is another guy that Lou+Jenkins+ a 2nd is plenty for and you might be overpaying if Lou can regain his 6th man of the year form.

• Like 1

Barnes has done nothing. The fact is every since he started college his stock has been falling. He went to college as a 1st overall pick favorite then ended up getting picked 7th. Marvin's first two years are superior to Barnes. His saving factor is potential.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I like the trade idea. I think Barnes has a lot more to offer than what he is being used for behind Iggy is GSW...

This was my line of thinking. They need a guy to replace Jarrett Jack and Lou fills that role. Igoudala, Thompson and Draymond Green make Barnes redundant on that team and I can't see the Warriors resigning him once he hits free agency.