• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: DMC Snubbed for All Defensive Teams

Diesel

• Moderators

I love how Noah primarily defends guards. I guess we should look at his matchup against Chris Paul when they play LAC? Give me a break.

If you believe that D, the fact that these "guards" are averaging 13+ rebounds per 48 against Noah means he should be benched. Unless of course that number is higher because they are actually big men. Nah, they are surely guards.

Edited by AHF

Jordan's opponents averaged a 19.6 PER on .515 efg% on 17.4 FGA/48. Opponents averaged 14.8 rp48 and 21.8 pp48.

Noah's opponents averaged a 16.7 PER on .494 efg% on 14.0 FGA/48. Opponents averaged 13.5 rp48 and 16.5 pp48.

So Noah's opponents generated less production, fewer rebounds, fewer points and scored at a lower efg%. How is this a bad thing for Noah? Shouldn't both lowering the number of shots taken by opponents and the opponent's conversion of those shots be the most important part of defense?

The Clips run their offence on a much higher pace than the Bulls. That also means more possessions for the opponents and that means more points and rebounds for them as well. So thats why per48 numebers aren't reliable stats to compaire their defensive work...

• Like 1

I like the convo between Jordan and Noah. To me, Noah's versatility and leadership can't be underrated. DeAndre's athleticism, length, and rim protection with rebounding can't be underrated either. I like both as defenders more than Ibaka. Both aren't in Dwight's league but they are very good defenders.

• Moderators

The Clips run their offence on a much higher pace than the Bulls. That also means more possessions for the opponents and that means more points and rebounds for them as well. So thats why per48 numebers aren't reliable stats to compaire their defensive work...

I can buy that if you also acknowledge that the efg% numbers are still meaningful. The bottomline for me is that the team numbers are much better defensively for Chicago than LAC and the individual numbers are better for Noah than Jordan. One or the other I could discount with context, but I have a hard time ignoring both of them. Jordan has to get better at his defensive awareness and/or his mobility to take the next step. If he does either or both of those, he should become a dominant defender. He is a good one now. Interestingly, the Clippers actually give up more points per possession with Jordan on the floor when he is off it for each of the last two seasons (they are worse defensively with him on the floor by a very small margin this last season and a large one the prior season).

Exactly why they created defensive rating that measures the amount of points allowed per 100 possessions. Totally takes pace out of play. Noah is a 96 and Jordan is a 98.

• Like 1