• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is losing Weatherspoon for the year even a big loss?

The guy has never been able to stay healthy anyways. Even when he was healthy he was never consistent. Never was the impact player we thought he would be at LB. I consider him a bust even heading into last year. Now with his Falcons career over with. I think he cemented his bust status for us. He may rebound somewhere else. Time to let him go.

Let's believe in those two...

131113_SpoonRookies_Blog.jpg

I was really worried about the LB corp, and after losing Spoon... it's the only doubt I really have about the 2014 Falcons, I'm ok with every else.

Let's hope that at least one of the LB rookies can contribute...

• Moderators

I hope the Falcons cut him. It's time to move on and give this young LB core the reins. Weatherspoon hasn't been the same since that first ankle injury and he is just taking up a roster spot at this point. Heard Tyler Starr was impressive in OTA's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1

Jop and Worrilow are more than capable of being our 2 linebackers in our nickel package which is basically our base defense. When we're running the 3-4 Dent is more than capable of manning one of the inside lb positions. He was pretty good at it at UGA, he's just more of a thumper than anything else he just sucks in space so they should minimize his time spent trying to cover. Mass and or Kroy will man one of the outside spots with Jop on the other side and Wor in the middle in the 3-4. In the 4-3 it gets a little more difficult to predict. Wor and Jop should be starters but I have no idea who will be the other...I'm not worried at all about our lbs tho. Wor and Jop are both better than spoon to me anyway and if just one of the 4 rookies step up a lil bit we're more than fine

• Like 1

The fact that hes been hurt more than hes been healthy and we drafted at least 2 guys who can play his position in all defensive fronts means he will probably be cut at the end of this season. He's a fiery player when healthy but hes like the Greg Oden of the NFL. Guys like Smallwood, Shembo, and Spruill have a better chance to make the roster and push Worrilow, Dent, and Bartu for PT at LBer.

• Like 1