• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lets be Honest......

emeans

Will adding pieces to the core (JT, Reef, Theo) of the team year in and year out really make this group of guys playoff contenders?

I am starting to arrive at the conclusion that these guys can compete, but they will never get over the mid-tier hump with this team.

I have about 12 or so more games to watch before I make a final conclusion about the team, but it is looking like this team is going to need and probably will get a new makeover (rebuilding) again under our new management.

If they do not win this year, there will probably be a fire sale before the trading deadling. Reef, Theo and if they can JT will be shopped for draft picks and young talent and salary cap relief.

While I will hate to go through this again, I think this may be the best thing for this organization.

My Philosophy: If you not going to be championship level competitive....why bother being average? Especially over a long long period of time.

Just my thoughts....

point. We currently don't have the mix to get it done. That being said, I think SF is they key. If we can get a big/tough SF who can shoot, score, rebound and defend, then Theo and Reef MIGHT work together up front. That would also allow JT and Diaw to play together in the backcourt. That being said, there are VERY few SFs in the NBA who can do all those things.

KG, Marion and Artest are probably the closest to being able to do it all and adding any one of the 3 would make us better immediately. Wallace, Walker and Harrington are pretty close though they are all lacking on the defensive end. The problem is how do you get a player as good as any of those guys without giving up Reef, Theo or JT? You don't!

I think Reef is a decent building block but Terry and Theo are expendable. Maybe I am wrong, but Reef can score and board and that is not something that comes around very often. He has been awesome for the last two weeks. Theo is becoming a one dimensional shotblocker (at least to my untrained eye) and Terry is an undersized shooting guard with some defensive limitations. If Diaw develops as hoped then Terry may yet workout for the Hawks.

I analyzed last nights game against Milwaukee and this will only continue to happen.

Time for some roster changes while we have some value in some of our guys.

If we keep losing, players value will begin to drop. I understand Portland may be having a fire sale after Rudolph was caught with Marijuana last night.

I understand Portland is going to blow that team apart because of too many off court problems.

Maybe we can make some deals with Portland???

Hawks need talented players. Some of Portland's players

are talented, but Hawks don't need problems here.

We have enough problems on the court. We don't need

to add off court problems.

If we get into a trade mode, perhaps we could involve

other teams and do a three way trade. We really don't

need to add pot smoking druggies to our team.

We may already have some and don't know it but I hope

we don't.

I agree however a team can deal with 1 to 2 knuckle heads but when it starts to get to 5 or 6 players that are problems.....then you have a bigger problem.

Every team has 1, 2 or 3 problem children, but half the team is a huge problem.

If you break them up and put them around some decent individuals then maybe they will straighten up.....a little.