• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

4-way trade to get Carmelo to Houston

nathan2331

I like the trade, I'm just nervous that afflalo won't stay productive. I hate giving up Sap also. He's kind of grown on me as a fan. Could we keep Asik also after this season? I almost would want an extension as a part of deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we just got millsap for the 1st year he has one of his best seasons EVER ! Makes all star team, and now you guys WANT TO TRADE HIM. Im a die hard hawks fan and if you guys cant appreciate what he did in 1 year what "J-Smoove" could never do, lol guys come on we finally got a good group together and you want to trade them all away for some players who may not even fit into Buds system. Man..................... angry2.gifangry2.gifangry2.gifangry2.gif

I haven't seen anyone on here sell Sap short on an excellent season.. Sap came in and took care of business and if we keep him we won't regret it moving forward..

I would, however, caution everyone to not be too invested in any one player on our team. DF and company will not hesitate to make a (any) big move if they think it's in the best interest of the team, IMO... and I'm ok with that. We want to get better and right now we are in a perfect position with good contracts and players producing more than the value of their contracts (ie. Paul Milsap).. So, the bigger picture is that you would always look to get more for less.. This gives us excellent leverage when other teams start calling.

• Like 2

This was a pretty clever trade idea..

I have never seen Tobias Harris play. I do remember seeing that the magic were very high on his game, and I'm not the one to pass on a gamble.

I see Aaron Afflalo as an excellent fit to the system. In my opinion he has a low key personality similar to Sap. He would be a good producer for us but also a good veteran fit/presence.

I also am a fan of Melo going to the Rockets. This is something that we can all only speculate on but I think that combination would be a disaster. They would probably score 130 points per game... but they'd give up 150. Someone posted on another thread that they would need to start playing with 2 or 3 balls at a time in order for Melo and Harden to get enough touches.

If you haven't seen Harris then you're missing out at this kid has big time skills. If he can develop a 3pt shot he could come very close to filling that Kawhi role for us. He'll never be on that level defensively but he's got the offensive and rebounding skills to be a real stud there.

Josh Smith has tormented the Orlando Magic for years now. He brings size, speed and explosiveness to the small forward position, and few Magic players in recent years have been able to slow him down.

On Friday night, the task of limiting Smith fell to Tobias Harris, a 21-year-old whose supposed weakness is his defense. Magic officials want to use the upcoming weeks and months to learn whether Harris can be their long-term solution at small forward.

Can Harris guard opposing wing players effectively?

That question remains open to debate, but the Magic had to be encouraged by what Harris did against Smith. Harris helped his team engineer a decisive, badly needed 109-92 win over the Detroit Pistons at Amway Center. The Magic snapped a three-game losing streak, and they did it primarily by limiting the Pistons to 41 percent shooting.

"I think tonight we focused on defense first instead of offense, and I think going forward that's going to be key for us," Harris said.

Smith made just two of his 13 shot attempts and finished with a paltry five points — largely because of Harris' efforts.

"I think he's been very committed to the defensive end of the floor," Magic coach Jacque Vaughn said of Harris. "I think you saw that tonight with his ability to offer resistance to Josh on the post and then trusting his teammates would give him help."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiesGj3fZSo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEkSK8rakrA

• Like 1

Perhaps the best trade idea I have seen on here. This team is an improvement from Harris or another plus starter signing away from being real contenders in the East.

Thanks and the best part about this trade is that we could sign another quality player as we only receive about 2 million extra in salary. We probably wouldn't sign anyone else though since Asik would be getting paid 15 million real dollars- which is asking a lot from the ASG.

I like the trade, I'm just nervous that afflalo won't stay productive. I hate giving up Sap also. He's kind of grown on me as a fan. Could we keep Asik also after this season? I almost would want an extension as a part of deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I didn't reply this sooner. As far as Afflalo staying productive I wouldn't worry too much. He's produced efficiently in Orlando being the lead man and has done so without being in a contact year. So long as he can maintain his 3 point shooting (42.7% 3FG), I'd expect him to thrive in this offense.

It would suck losing Millsap but it's a necessary evil if we want to move Horford to PF. I honestly think we're fine with Horford playing C, but he probably would disagree with me.

Asik is a player I'd definitely try to keep past this season as I think he could be are Tiago Splitter. He already offers better rebounding, and has comparable rim protection to Tim Duncan and Al Horford (opponents shoot 47.7% around the rim when being defended by these players according to NBA.com/stats).

Here's a full list:

http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingDefense.html?pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=25&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&filters=FGA_DEFEND_RIM*GE*5&sortField=FGP_DEFEND_RIM&sortOrder=ASC

His touch around the rim is good enough to where he's not an absolute liability on the court. The only issue is that he seems to think he is better than he really is, so extending him might be a problem if he gets payed less than what he is now.