• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Korver Beats Klay Thompson in 3 Point Contest

BackForThe2ndTime

Didn't see a thread on the last few pages.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24644949/video-klay-thompson-and-kyle-korvers-3-point-contest-at-usab

There's nothing like a friendly long-distance shootout between NBA players to show you that these guys just love to compete. After shootarounds and practices around the league, millionaires do the same things regular basketball-playing people do. Just, you know, much better.

At Team USA training camp in Las Vegas, this means that the Golden State Warriors' Klay Thompson and the Atlanta Hawks' Kyle Korver treated onlookers to quite a show. LetsGoWarriors.com's Rich Twu was on hand at the Mendenhall Center to film it and get Thompson's reaction after the loss.

“Man,” the competitive Thompson said, shaking his head, “He beat me four out of seven spots.

“You can only miss one shot, maybe two (against Korver),” Thompson added, “but I love shooting with Kyle — or Steph. There’s not many guys I think can shoot better than me. It just gets me better.”

Thompson vowed there would be more three-point contests coming up as training camp continues.

Team USA will have an intrasquad game at UNLV's Thomas & Mack Center on Friday, then play exhibition games in Chicago and New York later in August. The FIBA World Cup begins on Aug. 30 in Spain.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
Fixed the title
  • Like 3

Didn't see a thread on the last few pages.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJH8O3Zzl-s&app=desktophttp://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24644949/video-klay-thompson-and-kyle-korvers-3-point-contest-at-usabThere's nothing like a friendly long-distance shootout between NBA players to show you that these guys just love to compete. After shootarounds and practices around the league, millionaires do the same things regular basketball-playing people do. Just, you know, much better.At Team USA training camp in Las Vegas, this means that the Golden State Warriors' Klay Thompson and the Atlanta Hawks' Kyle Korver treated onlookers to quite a show. LetsGoWarriors.com's Rich Twu was on hand at the Mendenhall Center to film it and get Thompson's reaction after the loss.“Man,” the competitive Thompson said, shaking his head, “He beat me four out of seven spots.“You can only miss one shot, maybe two (against Korver),” Thompson added, “but I love shooting with Kyle — or Steph. There’s not many guys I think can shoot better than me. It just gets me better.”Thompson vowed there would be more three-point contests coming up as training camp continues.Team USA will have an intrasquad game at UNLV's Thomas & Mack Center on Friday, then play exhibition games in Chicago and New York later in August. The FIBA World Cup begins on Aug. 30 in Spain.

Well, there's a reason he had that streak... Dude can snipe!!!!

Steph's is the quickest. He's the only guy to release prior to his jumping apex.

I was actually going to mention Steph as well but honestly I think his dad's release on the 3 was a tad quicker. I may just be more of an old skoo guy tho.