• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WNBA Playoffs - Round 2

Randy

I grew up in Indy and still have family there.  My mom and I often debate the Dream v. Fever.  So I'm rooting for the Fever to knock off the Sky.  Game one was pretty awesome for the Fever.  They built a 15 point lead  in the 3rd and managed not to blow it in the 4th though the Sky almost tied it.  Game 2 is tomorrow - would love to keep the Eastern Conf. Championship in either Indy or Atlanta as its been for the past 5 years.  There is no question that the Sky has way more talent, but they don't have Lin Dunn. 

Mercury v. Lynx was almost a blowout in game one.  Griner went off on the Lynx and the usual suspect (Moore and Augustus) were pretty much no shows.  Today's game is a 3:30 on ABC. 

Edited by Randy

Well, can't believe I actually was rooting for the Mercury, but I thought it would be more humiliating for at least one of these teams if there was a sweep.  But the Grumpy Cats (that's what Lynx really aren't they) pulled it out - with their jumpshots.  I concluded that Griner is a pathetic rebounder.  I think probably a 5'5" pg would get more rebounds just by accident.  I think almost every other Mercury player got more rebounds. 

Anyway, this series really reminds me of the Iran- Iraq war - to bad one side has to win. 

• 2 weeks later...

Game one of Sky v. Mercury was about as close as Atlanta v. Ice Storm earlier this year,   I don't mind seeing the Sky lose, but I can't think of any team I'd rather not win than the Mercury, so its a bummer.  The Sky were 6-13 w/o Delle Donne and she's pretty much a non factor now with her back injury.  And for some reason, the usual Dream nemesis - Prince can't buy a basket.  This is going to be ugly.  Today it rained almost 7 inches in Phoenix and more rain is on the way.  Could this be an omen?