• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Koonan on 929 the game right now!

HawkItus

• Moderators

I remember when Woody wanted Shelden to come in here as a "hard-working guy who will do the dirty work"...I guess if both Woody and Shelden were white some folks may have made something out of that as far as being some sort of "code".

If you pay attention, you will see commentators fall into these traps of using certain words to describe certain races over and over. It was pointed out to me more than twenty years ago and I have seen it time and again. That doesn't mean that every Hispanic is "fiery" or "fiesty" or that no white or black person is ever described that way but it is the lazy commentator code for Hispanic athletes and managers. Etc.

Listening to the Koonin interview and hearing that the league, after a FULL investigation, will not take any further action against Ferry tells me who the REAL problem here is. The one who thinks he stands to gain by pouring more gasoline on his own franchise.

That's why I was wondering why he got called to the Commish today.  To discuss being the new "governor" or w/e or was it to be admonished for releasing his letter calling for Ferry's firing.  Either way it's just a mess.

I kinda with the NBA could step in and just run this thing until the ASG gets their collective sh*t together.  How did the league come to own the Hornets anyway?  Sorry I don't know my history (and am therefore doomed to repeat it?)

That's why I was wondering why he got called to the Commish today.  To discuss being the new "governor" or w/e or was it to be admonished for releasing his letter calling for Ferry's firing.  Either way it's just a mess.

I kinda with the NBA could step in and just run this thing until the ASG gets their collective sh*t together.  How did the league come to own the Hornets anyway?  Sorry I don't know my history (and am therefore doomed to repeat it?)

the hornet's owners didnt have the finances to run the team anymore so the NBA bought it from them until a new owner was found.

Edited by yungsta