• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Ferry stays on as GM...

Sothron

No I want us to be a place where free agents want to come and even before this bombshell they had no reason to come here. Now the good talents will sure as heck stay away now. Gasol and Deng are good players but they aren't if elite talents but still don't want our money. Players have brands too and they don't want their name to be associated with this mess.

No. They want to go to places deemed by the media as contenders. They see our lunch pail philosophy and dont feel like they could carry this team past the other "superteams."

Now if thats the case, then why overspend for these old players on the decline? True superstars, like kyrie, melo, and lebron rarely ever leave their respective teams so the only players who truly are available are aging veterans.

I'll pass. Grow this team organically in-house. Make thrifty deals for players with upside and deal them when the opportunity arrises.

Do you really want to be houston right now? Nobody wants to play with dwight and harden.

• Like 1

No. They want to go to places deemed by the media as contenders. They see our lunch pail philosophy and dont feel like they could carry this team past the other "superteams."

Now if thats the case, then why overspend for these old players on the decline? True superstars, like kyrie, melo, and lebron rarely ever leave their respective teams so the only players who truly are available are aging veterans.

I'll pass. Grow this team organically in-house. Make thrifty deals for players with upside and deal them when the opportunity arrises.

Do you really want to be houston right now? Nobody wants to play with dwight and harden.

Well they're right.

Well two of those players did leave their respective teams to play with other elite players.

You can't grow a contender without landing elite talent in free agency or having lottery picks.  We have no lottery picks and no elite talent wants to play here.

Houston still has a better chance at a title than we do.

Well they're right.

Well two of those players did leave their respective teams to play with other elite players.

You can't grow a contender without landing elite talent in free agency or having lottery picks. We have no lottery picks and no elite talent wants to play here.

Houston still has a better chance at a title than we do.

Lebron said home was the only other option so that doesnt count. Deng and gasol are not elite.

Houston has a tougher road so by default our squad has a better chance.

We have the right to swap with brooklyn next yr. We will be fine. We have great assets on good deals

Lebron said home was the only other option so that doesnt count. Deng and gasol are not elite.

Houston has a tougher road so by default our squad has a better chance.

We have the right to swap with brooklyn next yr. We will be fine. We have great assets on good deals

Yeah as long as Kyrie and a promise to trade for Love was involved.  Deng is a SF that fits the system and Gasol is probably the best low post player in the game.

Great so we are a mid pack team in a bad conference while Houston is a mid pack team in a great conference.  Go us...

Oh so we're throwing all those eggs in the "hope the Nets are bad" basket.  We do not have great assets.  We have draft picks that haven't shown a lot and a lot of vets on short term contracts that will probably leave for a pay day soon(Looking at Sap).  Al is the only player with any value and he might MIGHT bring a lotto pick but the years on his contract are getting fewer and fewer.

• Like 1

Oh lawd the white man is so discriminated against. Sad, that while you are trying to fight the Pro White fight you are missing the point. This is not about being white or race this is about leadership, societal status, power and control, decision making. I don't want someone with such poor decision making in a possession to make decisions.

Bud caught a DUI. We let that go. Ferry is now seen as a racist by some and a horrible decision maker by some we can let that go, but how do we expect to be taken seriously with all of this creating a culture talk.

We are obviously creating a culture that allows people that make decisions and have the power and control to get away with too much. From blaming fans for them not being more successful as a business to blaming everyone else for judging them too harshly when they should have known that such comes with the position.

Pro white ?? How about pro common sense -  what Ferry said amounts to a hill of beans but is being exploited by a prick thats pissed he was removed from power - Ferry hasnt abused his power , been shitty to his players or any of his subordinates . But the vocal minority that always has a chip on their should are more than happy to blow this up instead of seeking to understand what exactly did happen - you continue to say slur where I see no slur. He used a stereotypical phrase and was punished.  

You can continue to make it a racial thing - I dont know your history or lifestory , but I do know Ferrys , his background , and people he calls friends and their is ZERO history of any abuses, power trips or mistreatment of any people or minorities.  Ferry has done a fine job here in Atlanta and he made a mistake - hes been punished  after a thorough investigation .  If Ferry had said the N word to try to characterize Deng  I would be right out there with you to boot his ass - no place - no where for any derogatory personal remarks that are slurs - and we all know  what the slurs are - whether they are in the CEO chair or running the court - we need to crack donw completely and let everyone know  its not ok for anyone  period. 

Yeah as long as Kyrie and a promise to trade for Love was involved. Deng is a SF that fits the system and Gasol is probably the best low post player in the game.

Great so we are a mid pack team in a bad conference while Houston is a mid pack team in a great conference. Go us...

Oh so we're throwing all those eggs in the "hope the Nets are bad" basket. We do not have great assets. We have draft picks that haven't shown a lot and a lot of vets on short term contracts that will probably leave for a pay day soon(Looking at Sap). Al is the only player with any value and he might MIGHT bring a lotto pick but the years on his contract are getting fewer and fewer.

Ok guy. Your one of those "the sky is falling" hawks fans. With that glass half-empty attitude nothing will satisfy you. You have to be realistic to some degree.

I mean how can u say the current rockets are better than us. They lost parsons for peanuts.

Everybody agreed that deng was not the missing peice. Now you want to give up the remainder of our cap for him. Come on! Aint nobody got time for that

Edited by skimaskway23

No I want us to be a place where free agents want to come and even before this bombshell they had no reason to come here.  Now the good talents will sure as heck stay away now.  Gasol and Deng are good players but they aren't if elite talents but still don't want our money.  Players have brands too and they don't want their name to be associated with this mess.

Falcons and the Braves had the same problem for years - then they started winning and it changed the whole climate for potential free agents. No one wants to come to play for the Hawks because of the dysfunction of the ownership group - and we have made strides to change that in the last year .

• Like 1

So hypothetically speaking you're an NBA player.  Two teams offer you similar contracts.  Both organizations have fairly similar success and both systems fit you but one of the team's GM had a highly publicized rant that had racial elements.  The other GM is squeaky clean and has only ever had positive things said about him.  Does that affect the decision you make?

That's problem with this.  When it comes to close decisions does this display put our team at a disadvantage?  If the answer is yes then you owe it to the fans and organization to correct it.

• Like 1

Ok guy. Your one of those "the sky is falling" hawks fans. With that glass half-empty attitude nothing will satisfy you. You have to be realistic to some degree.

I mean how can u say the current rockets are better than us. They lost parsons for peanuts.

Everybody agreed that deng was not the missing peice. Now you want to give up the remainder of our cap for him. Come on! Aint nobody got time for that

No I'm the one being realistic.  You're the one taking about great assets we don't have and valuable vets on good contracts that can land talent.  That's simple not true.

They have two elite talents.  One of which carried a Magic team to a finals and the other has had a ton of playoffs experience who also happens to get every call from the refs.

The remainder of our cap?  We have a ton of cap and Deng was going to get a short term 1-2 year deal.  Hardly anything that would hurt the cap.  I'm starting to think you don't know too much about our team or players around the league.

No I'm the one being realistic. You're the one taking about great assets we don't have and valuable vets on good contracts that can land talent. That's simple not true.

They have two elite talents. One of which carried a Magic team to a finals and the other has had a ton of playoffs experience who also happens to get every call from the refs.

The remainder of our cap? We have a ton of cap and Deng was going to get a short term 1-2 year deal. Hardly anything that would hurt the cap. I'm starting to think you don't know too much about our team or players around the league.

Outside of those 2 players, who is on that squad that is a legit threat?

Teague, horf, millsap, korver, +capspace >>> a cast of harden, howard, and scrubs.

And actually we had 12 mill in available cap. Deng was offered 10mill. I dont think 2 mill is a ton of cap guy.

• Like 1

So hypothetically speaking you're an NBA player.  Two teams offer you similar contracts.  Both organizations have fairly similar success and both systems fit you but one of the team's GM had a highly publicized rant that had racial elements.  The other GM is squeaky clean and has only ever had positive things said about him.  Does that affect the decision you make?

That's problem with this.  When it comes to close decisions does this display put our team at a disadvantage?  If the answer is yes then you owe it to the fans and organization to correct it.

I  think its going to come down to which city the wife ( or significant other) wants to live in. I dont think your average NBA player who knows of Ferry and his reputation will give it a second thought.

that thought did just make me remember something about wives not wanting their husbands to play in Atlanta because of the night life and rep as a party city.

Outside of those 2 players, who is on that squad that is a legit threat?

Teague, horf, millsap, korver, +capspace >>> a cast of harden, howard, and scrubs.

And actually we had 12 mill in available cap. Deng was offered 10mill. I dont think 2 mill is a ton of cap guy.

They signed Ariza who is a good 3 pt threat and great defender.  Their core is great and if they stay healthy will be a contender.  You're welcome to that opinion but Teague was terrible last year and "capspace" doesn't get to play even though I'm told he's really good.

Oh so for one year that would of crippled us?  And we have enough movable contracts to free up a lot more cap brother.  Not like we did anything with that money anyway so I don't see why you think hanging on to it somehow is a good thing.

I  think its going to come down to which city the wife ( or significant other) wants to live in. I dont think your average NBA player who knows of Ferry and his reputation will give it a second thought.

that thought did just make me remember something about wives not wanting their husbands to play in Atlanta because of the night life and rep as a party city.

Magic Johnson thinks Ferry should be fired.  I would say your average NBA player puts a lot of weight in that.

Yeah Magic Johnson leads the moral and righteous charge !!  Your average NBA player is smarter than that .

But you don't think Magic's words don't have a ton of pull?  He's one of the more vocal guys in the game and if you don't think the young guys aren't taking what he says to heart then you are sorely mistaken.

But you don't think Magic's words don't have a ton of pull?  He's one of the more vocal guys in the game and if you don't think the young guys aren't taking what he says to heart then you are sorely mistaken.

Magic was a great player, but a pos - I wonder how many people he infected during his road tour through the USA ?? So no I dodnt think the younger generation  look up to him other than a basketball legend but a shallow human being.

Magic was a great player, but a pos - I wonder how many people he infected during his road tour through the USA ?? So no I dodnt think the younger generation  look up to him other than a basketball legend but a shallow human being.

I don't think most people feel that way and if they did he wouldn't have a prominent role as a commentator and ambassador of the game.

I don't think most people feel that way and if they did he wouldn't have a prominent role as a commentator and ambassador of the game.

now dont you find that ironic considering Ferrys  rep vs Magics ?? Do you think Magic could stand up to the same type scrutiny ? I think this is one of those things that folks appreciate him for his basketball contributions but would rather him keep his hypocritical mouth shut.