• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Ferry stays on as GM...

Sothron

I don't think it has anything to do with seeing the bad in people. It's all about seeing the potential money and prospects being lost, if we kept him on.

The Levenson letter combined with what was in the scouting report that the GM read, makes this a very toxic situation for the Hawks. And to me, you can't put the entire organization in jeopardy, just to save one person.

I think back to the previous umpteen years (aka my entire life as a Hawk fan) where we had crappy GM after crappy GM piss away year after year and now we finally have a GM who might be able to make a difference and I hate the thought of giving up on him so early in his plan.

• Like 1

I think back to the previous umpteen years (aka my entire life as a Hawk fan) where we had crappy GM after crappy GM piss away year after year and now we finally have a GM who might be able to make a difference and I hate the thought of giving up on him so early in his plan.

But as of right now, our current GM hasn't done anything more than the previous "crappy GMs" of the past.  People may act like he has, but he hasn't.

All the fan base has, is the "hope" that he can do better.  There might be better candidates out there who can turn this around much quickly than our current guy.

But as of right now, our current GM hasn't done anything more than the previous "crappy GMs" of the past.  People may act like he has, but he hasn't.

All the fan base has, is the "hope" that he can do better.  There might be better candidates out there who can turn this around much quickly than our current guy.

That's it, we actually have hope right now. We have young talent, veterans with value, a very good young coach, a flexible payroll, all of our future picks in tact, etc. etc. Tell me the last time you could say that about the Hawks prior to Ferry's arrival. 

I don't think it has anything to do with seeing the bad in people. It's all about seeing the potential money and prospects being lost, if we kept him on.

The Levenson letter combined with what was in the scouting report that the GM read, makes this a very toxic situation for the Hawks. And to me, you can't put the entire organization in jeopardy, just to save one person.

But at same same time folks need to step up and have an honest conversation about racism - and in my opinion  it has little to do with racism and a lot to do with hypocritical  pc bullies.

That's it, we actually have hope right now. We have young talent, veterans with value, a very good young coach, a flexible payroll, all of our future picks in tact, etc. etc. Tell me the last time you could say that about the Hawks prior to Ferry's arrival. 

But you could argue it's more of an illusion of hope.  The young talent doesn't appear to be anything special(more role players), most of the vets with value are on short term deals and will likely leave for their payday, coach is fine but doesn't have good talent at the moment, cap flexibility doesn't mean anything when it's not put to use, our future picks have very little value since they will be in the middle of the first round...Until something actually gets done "hope" is a hard thing to keep selling.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If there's one ray of hope in all of this...how much LOWER can the Hawks be considered as a franchise? I mean honestly all we hear is how players consider the Hawks as a horrible franchise. So...how much further down can we go? If we had to overpay guys just to get them here BEFORE this...what has changed?

• Like 1

But you could argue it's more of an illusion of hope.  The young talent doesn't appear to be anything special(more role players), most of the vets with value are on short term deals and will likely leave for their payday, coach is fine but doesn't have good talent at the moment, cap flexibility doesn't mean anything when it's not put to use, our future picks have very little value since they will be in the middle of the first round...Until something actually gets done "hope" is a hard thing to keep selling.

I agree , but you also have to have a little patience. When you look at the history of the league , other than Boston or Miami teams  that get superstar talent usually draft it. We have simply been a middle of the road team and missed out on the superstar. 

But how can you ignore the total roster shakeup and the clearing of deadweight he has been able to shed while overall improving the teams bottom line?? You match him up with a supportive owner and Ill show you an even bigger and quicker rise to the top. Watch and see if this roster doesnt shock the NBA next season if we stay the course.

If there's one ray of hope in all of this...how much LOWER can the Hawks be considered as a franchise? I mean honestly all we hear is how players consider the Hawks as a horrible franchise. So...how much further down can we go? If we had to overpay guys just to get them here BEFORE this...what has changed?

how has this franchise sank?? Yes I understand the racial issues, but I chalk it up to insensitive more than racial . We as human beings are capable of failing at any time , but tell me that anything that was said was said with any kind of racial hatred ??  We dont even know the clear circumstances and we are debating about how low the franchise has sunk.....

• Premium Member

how has this franchise sank?? Yes I understand the racial issues, but I chalk it up to insensitive more than racial . We as human beings are capable of failing at any time , but tell me that anything that was said was said with any kind of racial hatred ??  We dont even know the clear circumstances and we are debating about how low the franchise has sunk.....

Please go visit neutral sports sites that are talking about this. People are treating the Hawks like we are the Sterlings but in junior cadet form.

I agree , but you also have to have a little patience. When you look at the history of the league , other than Boston or Miami teams  that get superstar talent usually draft it. We have simply been a middle of the road team and missed out on the superstar. 

But how can you ignore the total roster shakeup and the clearing of deadweight he has been able to shed while overall improving the teams bottom line?? You match him up with a supportive owner and Ill show you an even bigger and quicker rise to the top. Watch and see if this roster doesnt shock the NBA next season if we stay the course.

Despite changes in management and coaches the team has been in the same position for a very very long time.  I've had plenty of patience and got my hopes up two seasons in a row waiting for the cap space to be actually used on real talents.  Are you saying I have to wait at least one more season for that to possibly happen?  

I'm not sure how this roster is going to shock anyone next season when Millsap will be gone, Korver will be a little older and Al with have a year left for us to decide whether or not we trade him for something instead of just letting him walk for a team that actually wants to win.  If our patience is running out then Al's has to be running on an all time low.  I don't even not what the course is.  Just being competitive enough to look like we're trying?  Because that's what the perception is.

People gotta stop with the "is it racist or not" discussion.  It's not even about that anymore.  It's about the aftermath in NBA circles.

Bingo.  I seriously doubt Ferry is a racist but this isn't going to just blow over in the minds of potential free agents.  Do you think guys who are friends with Deng want to even take a call from Ferry?

• Like 3