• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So will this be a lost season?

Wurider05

I was feeling good about this upcoming season until all of this stuff happened, We haven't heard from our players yet, the team is on the market, attendance may take a nose dive this season, owners squabbling. Then we have the shakedown artists (civil rights leaders) who are going to portray Danny Ferry as the grand wizard of the KKK when they get through with him.  All of a sudden I am not feeling good anymore. The only bright side is that this may be the end of the ASG.

So will this be a lost season?

Edited by Wurider05

I honestly think so if we don't get these guys out and the hawks sold to another owner who can get us a new gm.

I don't feel I'm overreacting I just feel once a race issue comes out over a franchise that was already having trouble getting attendance and acquiring players things only get worse if those in charge don't step down.

The quicker they step down the faster the hawks can rebuild this franchise....simple as that.

We will be just fine this season.  This is just the current hot topic but it will float away in a week or two and every one will forget about it just like they do every other event where social media acts all outraged while its cool to be outraged.

We have a great group of players and one of the best coaches in the league.  We are on the comeup and we are about to put the league on notice next season.  

Ferry will and should stay as the GM as well.

We will be just fine this season. This is just the current hot topic but it will float away in a week or two and every one will forget about it just like they do every other event where social media acts all outraged while its cool to be outraged.

We have a great group of players and one of the best coaches in the league. We are on the comeup and we are about to put the league on notice next season.

Ferry will and should stay as the GM as well.

Man I really think your downplaying this as if people aren't sensitive in this country....they are going to keep this going until atleast ferry and Levenson step down.

How can we be excited for next season?

It's possible a new owner can come in and wipe this team clean or it's possible if ferry stays which I'm sure won't happen free agents will surely not even talk to him.

Why would a franchise that can't even get local support risk holding on to ferry?....he's been decent but he ain't great.

It's easier to get rid of all that are wrong. Get a new owner and rebuild the Atlanta hawks franchise and name...then we will be doing something and going somewhere.

Right now I don't care what ferry does for this team cause he won't be around much longer.

Man I really think your downplaying this as if people aren't sensitive in this country....they are going to keep this going until atleast ferry and Levenson step down.

How can we be excited for next season?

It's possible a new owner can come in and wipe this team clean or it's possible if ferry stays which I'm sure won't happen free agents will surely not even talk to him.

Why would a franchise that can't even get local support risk holding on to ferry?....he's been decent but he ain't great.

It's easier to get rid of all that are wrong. Get a new owner and rebuild the Atlanta hawks franchise and name...then we will be doing something and going somewhere.

Right now I don't care what ferry does for this team cause he won't be around much longer.

No they won't.  Just watch and see.  You all seriously overrate the will of people and how much they actually care about this issue.  This crap happens every other week on social media.  A hot topic arises, every one gives their faked IRATE opinion on the person in the center and then two weeks later, every one has completely forgotten about the issue.

Ferry barely did anything wrong and you all act like it was some mortal error that has 0% chance of being corrected.  Ferry will continue to be our GM and it will not cost us any free agents that we would have been able to land previously. I expect you to say no way but let's wait and see.  I think you will be surprised.

No they won't. Just watch and see. You all seriously overrate the will of people and how much they actually care about this issue. This crap happens every other week on social media. A hot topic arises, every one gives their faked IRATE opinion on the person in the center and then two weeks later, every one has completely forgotten about the issue.

Ferry barely did anything wrong and you all act like it was some mortal error that has 0% chance of being corrected. Ferry will continue to be our GM and it will not cost us any free agents that we would have been able to land previously. I expect you to say no way but let's wait and see. I think you will be surprised.

I hope you're right then...I'm worried about attracting players more so than keeping ferry around.

• Premium Member

We have players on our roster that can handle this situation.

We were never a 55+ win team to begin with. I still feel that Chicago has more to worry about with health than we do with "ownership".