• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs. Grizzlies

Canopy

I didn't see the game but what I like from the box score:

1. Payne - 8 rebounds, 4 blocks

2. JJ - 5/6 fg, 2/3 from 3 for 15 points

3. Mack - 8 assists

4. Dennis - ONE (1) Turnover, 4/6 fg

7 Blocks, 22 assists. We lost the rebounding battle by only 6 considering Memphis' size and they played their starters to the end of game.

JJ looks like a winner so far in the pre-season...A few people might owe Ferry an apology if this continues

I tried telling people to give him time, that shooting nearly 40% from 3 as a rookie was a pretty damned impressive feat. Still though I didn't think he'd make the roster this year based on how he looked in the summer league. I still haven't seen him play but if he's actually lost weight and gotten quicker and stronger then he's got a real shot at getting minutes here. 

And looking at the box score, it seems like Payne is going to contribute this year even if he's not helping on offense. 

Combine that with getting productive minutes from Moose and Scott this year and I'd say Ferry will have done well via the draft. Time will tell though and he needs Schröder to develop. 

• Like 3

My thoughts on players:

1. Payne: Nice defense in second half. He may not have shot well, but he played good overall defense, 4 shot blocks!! Payne was playing like a 3-4 years veteran. 

2. Muscala: Again nice game, very active. Gasol outplayed him, but Muscala had few good moments on defense. On offense, he can make shots.

3. Jenkins: Played well again.

4. Schröder: He was dominant and played good on both end of floor.  

5. Mike Scott: Was off in first half, but played well in second half.

6. Mack: Except for the last play, he was solid.

7. Starters: Nothing to write about, missed easy shots.