• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Steve Koonin coming up on 92.9 The Game shortly.

Well that lasted about 3 minutes.

Recap:

1. Conflict with SportsSouth so no preseason game tonight

2. Starting next season - all 82 games (he said 81) and preseason will be on TV next season.

3. Asked him what songs he's singing with TI opening night - said he had a one and done rap career.

4. New scoreboard, sound system, TVs, 3D projection, new WiFi. 3D projection.

5. Updated concessions - healthier options.

6. Opening night will be a celebration of Atlanta and the Hawks.

7. On Nique - greatest athlete is Atl sports history (Hank was most succesful). Met with Nique when he came on board to assist him. Glad to have his input.

8. On Roster: loves the way they play with pace and space, unselfish, passing up good shots for great shorts.

9. We will Shock the World!!!

10. Come on out for opening night for an awesome opening you've never seen anywhere.

That's all folks.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

Well that lasted about 3 minutes.

Recap:

1. Conflict with SportsSouth so no preseason game tonight

2. Starting next season - all 82 games (he said 81) and preseason will be on TV next season.

3. Asked him what songs he's singing with TI opening night - said he had a one and done rap career.

4. New scoreboard, sound system, TVs, 3D projection, new WiFi. 3D projection.

5. Updated concessions - healthier options.

6. Opening night will be a celebration of Atlanta and the Hawks.

7. On Nique - greatest athlete is Atl sports history (Hank was most succesful). Met with Nique when he came on board to assist him. Glad to have his input.

8. On Roster: loves the way they play with pace and space, unselfish, passing up good shots for great shorts.

9. We will Shock the World!!!

10. Come on out for opening night for an awesome opening you've never seen anywhere.

That's all folks.

Oh gurrrl... It's easy passing up on dem good shots for great shorts when you have a butt like mine.  Damn right. lmao

hmmm2.gif

But in seriousness, good stuff.  I love Koonin and it's nice to have an owner, even if he is just a minority owner, that cares about the team as much as we do.  Keep up the good work, Stevie boy.  You build it and they will come...

And it seems someone has been reading all the "game not televised" quotes on Hawksquawk if that's the first question asked. lol  I'd fall out if Koonin or someone at 92.9 was an active member.

• Like 2

Oh gurrrl... It's easy passing up on dem good shots for great shorts when you have a butt like mine. Damn right. lmao

hmmm2.gif

But in seriousness, good stuff. I love Koonin and it's nice to have an owner, even if he is just a minority owner, that cares about the team as much as we do. Keep up the good work, Stevie boy. You build it and they will come...

And it seems someone has been reading all the "game not televised" quotes on Hawksquawk if that's the first question asked. lol I'd fall out if Koonin or someone at 92.9 was an active member.

Hilarious.

Anybody on here is a season ticket holder? Email Stevie K and let him know the Squawkers wanna have a pow wow. We can set up a chat :-).

I don't think I've ever heard anyone associated with the Hawks talk so excitedly about the Hawks.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Oh gurrrl... It's easy passing up on dem good shots for great shorts when you have a butt like mine.  Damn right. lmao

hmmm2.gif

But in seriousness, good stuff.  I love Koonin and it's nice to have an owner, even if he is just a minority owner, that cares about the team as much as we do.  Keep up the good work, Stevie boy.  You build it and they will come...

And it seems someone has been reading all the "game not televised" quotes on Hawksquawk if that's the first question asked. lol  I'd fall out if Koonin or someone at 92.9 was an active member.

I have a good friend who is very close with Koonin, and it is true, he is probably the world's number 1 Hawks fan, but also a great businessman. He is aware of the Squawk. Was anybody here at the member's only town hall that he led the other night? I heard it was great and people asked him the hard questions, but he answered each one, and even missed part of the game talking to fans.

The one other thing that I know is that they really are going to overhaul the team's marketing and brand, but it takes over a year for the NBA to approve everything. We will have new uniforms, better brand, and the arena improvements will have started

I have a good friend who is very close with Koonin, and it is true, he is probably the world's number 1 Hawks fan, but also a great businessman. He is aware of the Squawk. Was anybody here at the member's only town hall that he led the other night? I heard it was great and people asked him the hard questions, but he answered each one, and even missed part of the game talking to fans.

The one other thing that I know is that they really are going to overhaul the team's marketing and brand, but it takes over a year for the NBA to approve everything. We will have new uniforms, better brand, and the arena improvements will have started

Thanks for the info.

I've heard it takes two years to do a complete rebranding. Mostly because the league wants to get rid of all the merchandise. 

Any details about this?