• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Going to my 1st ever Hawks game. Help Plz!

NiquesBiggestFan

I'll be going to my 1st ever Hawks game on Nov 12 against the Jazz. 

Looking for tickets.  To get the best view I'm sure mid court is where I'd be looking to buy.  Section 115 top row seems like may be a good place to sit, not looking to spend the super big bucks for seats closer to front.  Give me some ideas on seating, parking, etc.

It's my honeymoon and I take the wife to the Cheesecake Factory and I get to see the Hawks play.  Nice hotel close by??  After the long day, driving to Atlanta from Macon, we're not gonna wanna go far from Philips.  Plus it's our honeymoon.  man_in_love.gif

So help a fellow fan out and give me all I need to know.  I've been to many Falcon games but never a Hawks game and have been a Hawks fan since, well forever.

Thanks in advance!!  Really excited about this opportunity.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Sweet.   There is the embassey suites in centennial park but also the Glenn Hotel if you want something fancier.  I've never stayed at either though.  The Glenn Hotel also has a cool rooftop bar.

I always use stubhub for tix.   If you end up in the 200 section you have to get below a certain row.  I think you want F or better right?  Otherwise you are under the overhang and can't see the scoreboard which sucks.   Stupid design.

Sometimes if you're lucky you can find someone selling season tickets that have cash value on them.   So you get some free beers out of it.   

I'm an amateur though so i'm sure you'll get some better advice from others.   

• Like 2

I would go to hotwire.com and use the hotrate option.  Select the downtown section of Atlanta.  You won't know which hotel you are staying at until you make the purchase but it will be far cheaper than the price is if you go through the hotel's actual site.  It is usually a very nice hotel as well if you choose the 3-4* star option.  I was up there this weekend and we stayed at the Sheraton for $250 total over 2 nights and it was over $100 less than the price on the hotel's site.

The hotels within the downtown area on Hotwire should all be within 1 or 2 miles of Phillips.  If you get one that's a little outside of comfortable walking distance, download the app Uber and use it for your rides instead of cabs.  It's a more personable experience and it's about 35% cheaper than a taxi. 

You can't go wrong with any of the seats as long as you are near midcourt.  I usually aim for one of the front rows on the third level right at midcourt.  You can still see all of the action very nicely that area.

• Like 1

I usually get tickets on stubhub.  The Hawks bench is at section 116.  For some reason I like sitting on that side of the arena from sections  115-119. If  you elect to sit in the 200 mid court  sections - get tickets from row A - E no higher.  I sat in Row M once and it sucked.  Can't see the score board and got hot under their real quick. I've sat in section 119 quite a bit and still very good sight lines but the seats aren't as  nice as in the 114-116 sections.

Stubhub currently has tickets in section 115  Row B $98.05 (depending on what  kind of $$$$ you wanna pony up.

• Moderators

GWCC parking garage for parking. $10 for parking and it's right next door to the Philips.

Stubhub for tickets.

I have family and friends in Atlanta that I crash on when I come to town, so couldn't tell ya anything on hotels.

Atlanta is a Mecca for restaurants. Just depends what you want.

• Like 1

Ok I bought 115 Row D. Hope I didn't make a bad decision.

Now need to find hotel and a 'Nique Jersey. dance3.gif

Great seats - like PSSS said Philips has really good sight lines in most sections. Enjoy the game. Edited by JayBirdHawk

The Omni Hotel is a part of the CNN Phillips Complex. The Hilton Garden Inn, Embassy Suites and Glenn Hotel are all walking distance.

There's also the Residence Inn just off Peachtree and it has a Cafe Intermezzo in it. Probably better to take your wife there than the Cheesecake Factory. You can Uber or Taxi over to the game. It's not a bad walk from there either and you'll walk by the Ferris Wheel.