• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stu Jackson, not Billy Knight

jaywalker72

Since I have seen Billy Knight's name brought up for everything from Jon Koncak to malaria, I thought I would clear a couple of points up...

It was not Billy Knight that signed Big Nothing Bryant Reeves, it was Stu Jackson:

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Court/2165/country.html

It was also Stu Jackson who drafted Steve Francis:

http://www.ibiblio.org/craig/draft/2000_dr...2_vancouver.htm

Just a little bit of research guys tells you the facts about these guys...

IMO, Billy Knight made two very astute moves this offseason. He got rid of Glenn Robinson's contract, and he drafted Boris Diaw. As far as free agency goes, he was hamstrung by two things. First, the whole ownership mess set the Hawks back tremendously. Secondly, with the Hawks salary cap problems, there simply wasn't a lot Billy Knight could do.

He's getting crucified here though based on some comments he made publicly about how he thought Terry Stotts was doing an outstanding job. What did you guys expect him to say?

Jay,

Okay, my bad on that one.

I'm a HUGE Reef fan, and the entire Grizzlies experience is kind of a blur. Bad coach to bad coach to worse coach.... from bad move to bad move to worse most...

It all bleeds together... and the thought of research into those repressed memories... ACK!

I paid thousands in psychiatric bills to rid myself of these demons... you want me to stir them back up?

Play.

He was given very little to work with under IMPOSSIBLE circumstances. I think he should get credit for getting Jax signed without overpaying him and I'll give him credit for signing Diaw (even though half the free world thought Diaw should be our pick if he was available at #21). As for the Dog deal, I could be wrong, but I think Billy would have either kept him or dealt him for something of value if he had been given a choice. I think that deal was all Kasten and/or AOL-TW. I think Billy drafted Diaw with the idea of playing him at SG and Dog at SF.

be made, he just said that he had not decided to make any moves yet. He also said that he would not tell the media if he did decide to make a move, he would just do it. I'm sure that Billy would make a move if he saw a deal out there that he thought would make us better. In fact, I won't be surprised to see us make a major move if things continue on the current path.

Trace,

The problem is we are being reactionary rather than being proactive.

You might want to stick it out, and teams with a decent history can do that... but this unit hasn't won much to date. Making moves would make sense.

We need to be proactive to gain support of the fans. We need to show a commitment to winning.

The only one showing a commitment to winning right now is Reef. Diaw is playing well, but is still learning. Everyone else is lollygagging.

Play.