• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Washington DC apparently has no graphic designers

bird_dirt

Ok, if I were a graphic designer, I'd have to move to DC, because apparently there aren't any there.  I was looking at their collection of logos, and damn, they are all simply god-awful.  

BUT.....the biggest thing that made me do a double take was when I really noticed this one for the first time ever:

WashingtonWiz_zps9b7cad78.jpg

SERIOUSLY?!!!  How did that ever make it past the drawing table and okay'd to use?  It's a freaking d*ck heading for a butt hole!  Obelisks (like the Washington Monument) are phallic symbols associated with masculinity. Just what were they going for with this?  It makes me pucker.  

• Like 1

aesthetically speaking, it's fine, but come on...you gotta take a lot more things into consideration when working in visual communication than just the appearance.  I'm an artist myself, and I could make an amazing painting of a piece of shit, but at the end of the day no matter how great of a piece of shit it is, people are still going to look at it and think of shit.

aesthetically speaking, it's fine, but come on...you gotta take a lot more things into consideration when working in visual communication than just the appearance. I'm an artist myself, and I could make an amazing painting of a piece of shit, but at the end of the day no matter how great of a piece of shit it is, people are still going to look at it and think of shit.

I think you're the only one who thinks that about this logo.

But what exactly is it that you detest so much?

I think you're the only one who thinks that about this logo.

But what exactly is it that you detest so much?

Detest is a little strong...but I do find it lmao funny. I suppose I'm a little more visually sensitive than most, mixed with an above average perverted mind, but I look at that and see a d*ck heading towards a butthole.  And not just based on the visual resemblances, but symbolically obelisks = dicks and buttholes are often represented by star shapes.  Not to mention the perspective curve of the basketball resembles the curve of someone's hips and back bent over.  

I get that not everyone will see it the way I do, but I think that there's enough insinuation that could easily be read into it that it makes me think the designer got one over on whoever approves what gets used. 

• Moderators

Meanwhile...

~lw3

• Like 1

Detest is a little strong...but I do find it lmao funny. I suppose I'm a little more visually sensitive than most, mixed with an above average perverted mind, but I look at that and see a d*ck heading towards a butthole.  And not just based on the visual resemblances, but symbolically obelisks = dicks and buttholes are often represented by star shapes.  Not to mention the perspective curve of the basketball resembles the curve of someone's hips and back bent over.  

I get that not everyone will see it the way I do, but I think that there's enough insinuation that could easily be read into it that it makes me think the designer got one over on whoever approves what gets used. 

Wow. Yeah I'm certain that you're the only one who sees that in it and I've rarely met someone with a more perverted mind than me. For me I see a patriotic colored basketball that has the star in it plus the Washington monument and even a sort of W in it. As mentioned before I'm a fan of it. 

Meanwhile...

~lw3

What's next, Winter is Coming as a slogan for a team?