• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sixth man of the Year Candidate

Still, Hawks got 4 all-stars based on their actual play instead of stats. Maybe this Silver guy is mixing things up a bit also in this regard. Going for more euro-ball, expanding markets, legalizing gambling etc.

Based from what we currently see from Dennis(I would be suprised), I wouldnt be upset to see Dennis take that award.to_keep_order.gif

The issue is that the media instead of the coaches vote on the end of the year awards. They are far more biased towards stats than coaches. A coach can recognize Dennis messing up his gameplan by full court pressing his own PG and forcing his team into their sets late in the clock. A coach can recognize Dennis forcing his team to scramble back on defense to prevent any easy lay ins but then having players out of position and struggling to find their right matchups but a reporter mostly cares about if those situations directly led to a steal, assist or bucket for Dennis.

Didn't lose footing? They were like 4-5 games up on us when he went down and down by at least that much when he got back. They pretty much fell of a damn cliff when he got hurt, which should be expected. Lou did nothing to stop that either. 

not sure, did they loose ground to the hawks why we was 32-2 - and they was in front after our slow start.

MIP goes to Butler - 2nd year players coming from the bench doesn't get this award.

6th man often goes to a bench volume scorer instead to a guy like Dennis who does a lot more but lesser scoring... So that will likely go to Lou

Don't forget about Gobert either.

Didn't lose footing? They were like 4-5 games up on us when he went down and down by at least that much when he got back. They pretty much fell of a damn cliff when he got hurt, which should be expected. Lou did nothing to stop that either. 

Toronto has lost 7 out of their last 8 I think. Which shows that there was no sure bet that Toronto would have kept 1st seed if he had stayed healthy.

I would even argue that he could be a candidate for most improved, but his year-over-year stats improvement doesn't pop out at you because he's still coming off the bench. He could probably average 18-10 for a team like the Sixers.

It's unbelievable how much his jumpshot improved in just one off-season:

Jumpshots:

2013-2014: 26/96 (27%)

2014-2015: 82/219 (37.4%)

10% improvement and what will end up being about 2.5x the volume!

I'd give him my MIP vote if not for a certain All-Star named Jimmy Butler.

• Like 1

Still though, hard to claim "they didn't lose footing" when they lost 10 games in the standings.  

but i believe there record in terms wins and looses didn't change that much. If you look now at games with a healthy backcourt and when one starter was injured i guess they was stronger with him playing a bigger role.