• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jake Locker retires

Quarterback Jake Locker retires at 26 after just 30 NFL games

I am retiring from football after much reflection and discussion with my family," Locker said in a statement, via Garafolo. "I will always be grateful for having had the opportunity to realize my childhood dream of playing in the NFL and for the lifelong relationships I developed because of that experience. Football has always played a pivotal role in my life and I love the game, but I no longer have the burning desire necessary to play the game for a living; to continue to do so would be unfair to the next organization with whom I would eventually sign. I realize this decision is surprising to many, but I know in my heart that it is the right decision and I look forward to spending more time with my family and pursuing other interests.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/quarterback-jake-locker-retires-at-26-after-just-30-nfl-games-203812987.html

Maybe a heart transplant should be your main interest at this point you bum.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• 1 month later...

When they drafted him I thought that he would end up being a top 5 QB in a short period of time. I was dead wrong on this.

Pretty hard to be successful when your surrounded by crap.  No OL, WR, TE, or defense to get you back on the field. Titans shot their load in the McNair era trying to get back into a SB and went downhill after the VY draft.  Chris Johnson was a highlight for a few years but that light has burnt out also. Lived in Nashville for 13 years and that fan base has about quit now also after huge initial success. My last year there (2013) people were just turning in their PSL's.