• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN: NBA Front Office Rankings (Hawks 8th)

JETSET

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12541459/nba-front-office-rankings-2015?ex_cid=espnnbaTwitter

The Hawks have moved all the way from 17th last year to 8th this year.  I would say that's pretty good since they are accounting for ownership, front office and coaching staff.

I wonder how high we would be if they sale was already complete.

• Moderators

We should be top 3 or 4 imo

Part of that equation is owner and the ASG stinks and new ownership is an unknown.  And our GM is on leave of absence.  We are fairly ranked given the risk.

• Like 2

Part of that equation is owner and the ASG stinks and new ownership is an unknown. And our GM is on leave of absence. We are fairly ranked given the risk.

Good point. I guess I was just factoring in our success on the court. But ya, off the court, our ownership status still stinks.

I'm not seeing how this list was created. Seems a little pointless plus biased towards previous results (i.e. based on results instead of the process). It's not like ESPN has an inside connection to how the front offices actually function.

But cool? I guess.

Amin Elhassan: For the most part, the top 10 teams all seem to feature three characteristics: ownership stability, continuity and commitment to process over results, with the Atlanta Hawks being the obvious outlier. Good front offices have owners who know their place, leadership that has been in place and an ability to understand the bigger picture. On the other hand, the bottom five features meddlesome ownership, a revolving door of leadership (either upstairs or on the bench) and knee-jerk reactionary policies in team management.

• Moderators

I'm not seeing how this list was created. Seems a little pointless plus biased towards previous results (i.e. based on results instead of the process). It's not like ESPN has an inside connection to how the front offices actually function.

But cool? I guess.

My reaction was that it was strongly results based and this season's results, specifically.

My reaction was that it was strongly results based and this season's results, specifically.

ESPN does a bang up job of making it sound like they are doing something, but really it is not clear at all what the hell they are doing and if it is at all valid. This ranking was created through the ESPN Forecast panel which is...well I'm not sure what the hell it is once you click the link. You go through a rabbit hole filled with MBA-jargon that does not say anything of meaning. Apparently, the "system" is the most accurate system over a 5-year span! The link to which contains no results outside of ESPN telling you it IS the most accurate... If you think back to the Chad Ford NBA Draft Rankings Fiasco, well you really start to wonder how is this independently verified....or is it?

I might as well start up a series of threads touting myself as the most accurate Hawks prognosticator this board has ever seen, not link to anything, and then delete all posts that someone puts in that thread which show any of my incorrect predictions. Because that is what ESPN is doing.

After reading @Hawkltus quote about ownership, GM, continuity and stability....how in the heck did we rank this high with a GM on leave, ownership infighting, the team for sale.

If the Hawks are the outlier, which criteria did they use for us. Its gotta be our 19-0 January.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

After reading @Hawkltus quote about ownership, GM, continuity and stability....how in the heck did we rank this high with a GM on leave, ownership infighting, the team for sale.

If the Hawks are the outlier, which criteria did they use for us. Its gotta be our 19-0 January.

The only way I can fathom is Bud coaching is heavily rated, the books look great, and once we get a new owner they should be here for the foreseeable future.