• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kentucky vs Notre Dame ( kind of boring )....

NJHAWK

Notre Dame was playing basketball while it seemed like KY was just dumping it into that same guy over and over and over and over. I guess they were taking what was given to them and hell they won rite. Strange because the game went down to the end and it was close but it was only exciting when Notre Dame had the ball.

• Moderators

UK had extreme struggles with their offense and ND couldn't handle Towns so that is defintely what happened with their offense - sputters and errors mixed with successful dumping down to Towns.  ND ran a much more disciplined offense until they found a crack in UK's defense.  I was very, very nervous all game.  Wisconsin could bring that same approach given their system as well.  It should be interesting.

ND gave that game away at the end after Grant hit that one clutch 3.  Grant decided to takeovah rather than run their O which was giving the Cats trouble.

Wisky will be a formidable challenge.

Tonites Wisc vs KY game was more exciting but this time KY didnt take enough advantage of Towns size.Great game between 2 great teams. This year it was Wisc. turn to win. I give the KY kids who didnt jump at the nba and came back to play for the title and were 38-0 a TON of credit. It was an amazing attempt and they came within a miscalled shot clock violation of getting number 39. Why something as crucial and concrete as that isnt reviewable is unfair. Oh well I hope Wisconsin win their 1st national title over a coach I cant stand. F Duke and ON WISCONSIN !!!!!!       Great job KY Wildcats.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Great game last night. The missed shot clock violation paled in comparison to the ignored flagrant foul that was indeed reviewed, btw.

I think they let that one go for two reasons:  (1)  the guy was pushing Lyles with both hands to try to prevent him from rebounding and (2) they concluded that Lyles was just trying to push him away but ended up in the face due to the height difference.  My read is that they concluded it was incidental contact and not an intentional strike to the face.  I wouldn't have faulted the refs for going the other direction on that but was pretty annoyed they didn't call the foul on the guy guarding Lyles as the play was going on so I imagine Lyles was pretty frustrated at the no-call on that.  If the guys gets called for pushing Lyles out of position, you never get the contact in the first place.  Lyles also should have been smarter himself but I don't think he was trying to slap the guy's face - just give him a shove to back off after the grabbing.

The announcers tried to make that into alot more than it was. I thought it could have gone either way but it wasnt even close to a dirty play imo.I doubt the Harrison bros come back around for a 3rd shot at it but Id love to see it. Im glad they gave it a second go around and while Im happy to see Bo Ryan and company advance there is part of me that would love to have seen a KY turnaround from the foul line on a long end pass get buried in fron of coach K to win it for the Cats. Again I love the fact some of those KY players went back to school to go after an ncaa title. Hopefully they will change the nba eligible years soon so at least they have to play till they are soph or juniors. I miss the college rivalries lasting a few years with the same players.  The only sad part are the comments from Andrew Harrison. Im not going to crucify a 19 year old because who can throw the 1st stone, but it put a damper on the situation for sure.